FANTASY Review from a first timer

FirstTimer628

What is the earliest time that you can get off the Fantasy when it returns to New Orleans? We would be carrying our own luggage and have a room on the Upper Deck. I am trying to set up my own airfare and looking at an 11 AM flight. Would this leave us enouth time to get to the airport?

Thanks, Jim

Self assist are usually the very first folks off the ship. (even before us "valued" Platinum members) I believe the airport is a 15-20 drive, so even if self assist ran as late as 9AM ... you should not have a problem.

Have a great cruise...we leave in 2 days!!!!!

What is the earliest time that you can get off the Fantasy when it returns to New Orleans? We would be carrying our own luggage and have a room on the Upper Deck. I am trying to set up my own airfare and looking at an 11 AM flight. Would this leave us enouth time to get to the airport?

Thanks, Jim

Not sure where you coming in from but it has been very foggy here since the second weekend in December.

The Ecstacy was late coming in on the morning of the 11th because of the dense fog and did not dock until 9am.... I was self-assist and got off between 9:30-10.

Consider that it may be foggy the morning you come back in and allow plenty of time for that.

Airport is about a 30 minute ride & checkin at the airport can be slow at times. Have you got any other options? 11:00 may be fine or could be very iffy. Travel insurance might be a good idea too....just in case you miss your flight.

On our fist Fantasy cruise we used self assist and were in the car by 8:40. On the latest one we did not get to the cark until after 9:40. The fog was terrible and we were VERY late getting into port. The fog may continue for a while, so don't count on being on the way to the airport at 9 AM.

Archived