Price Reduction Refunds (to Katfam)

To all and especially " Katfam" Rccl seems to be doing flipflops when it comes to refunding reduced rates to pax. Not long ago a reduction to my sailing (Radiance 1/14) occured. I called TA and they said "only new bookings". I called CS RCCL and they said the same. I think OK new policy. Then some CC's say they DID receive refunds recently. Then another reduction occurs. I call Crown and Anchor Soc. and they say I should get a discount as long as it is TA's policy to do so. (I know it is because I have rec'd it in the past). Today I call TA again and they finally come back with a YES. So Katfam I said I'd let you know the outcome. CALL BACK!!!

Hi Pepsi,

That is great news. Unfortunuately I don't think I'll be able to get one. My TA gave us an upgrade out of the balcony guarantee to a cabin on the hump on deck 7. My TA insists that the reductions are still for new bookings only. I learned a valuable lession not to use a TA. I think I could have done better on my own. A few day ago I noticed that they added a substantial senior discount but today that is gone. Oh well, I think I'll just have to worry about planning excusions and packing instead of price reductions! Thanks for keeping me posted. Have a great cruise.

Hi Pepsi,

That is great news. Unfortunuately I don't think I'll be able to get one. My TA gave us an upgrade out of the balcony guarantee to a cabin on the hump on deck 7. My TA insists that the reductions are still for new bookings only. I learned a valuable lession not to use a TA. I think I could have done better on my own. A few day ago I noticed that they added a substantial senior discount but today that is gone. Oh well, I think I'll just have to worry about planning excusions and packing instead of price reductions! Thanks for keeping me posted. Have a great cruise.

A good TA would have gotten you the discount without you even asking. You must not have one.

Katfam, don't give up its money in YOUR pocket. Call crown and anchor if you are a member. They can't do it for you but can assure you you are entitled to it. Yesterday it was down $200.00 and last night it was back up for D1 cat. Today it was down. So just try again and tell TA you are not dealing with them again. Tell them I have rec'd discount as well as the couple traveling with us. I will give you our Reservation # if necessary. Or better yet I will call them lol. I don't know your cat. but mine D1 went from $1672 down to $1272 with tax etc. Big difference.

Cruisefinatic good for you and your wonderful travel agent but from what I see on these boards 80% of TAs play dumb when you say the word REDUCTION. You have to be persistant. And I do not believe TAs have time or desire to keep up with all the cruiselines and their specials. Its bad enough for 1 pax to follow their own cruise reductions.

Hi Pepsi,

Thanks to you I got the price reduction. It came out to $100 pp. My TA wasn 't too happy when I arrived at her office at 9:00 am this morning. But I went prepared and told her to call RC again. She actually thanked me because apparently the Agency paid for them to upgrade us out of the guarantee and now they are also getting reimbursed. Anyways I can't thank you enough and would like to buy you a drink on the cruise. Let me know a good time and place! By the way my name is Amy - what is yours?

Amy, That is great news. In the beginning I figured it was new policy and I adhered to that. Then I put a question out here about anyone getting the refunds. Got positive response so then I figured "go for it". My name is Judy. No need for the drink but my husband Ken and I will be at the "pool bar" when we board to wait for our friends. We usually get on board as early as possible. Looking forward to this cruise after all the hustle and bustle of the season. Judy (if anything changes I'll let you know)

Good for you Bob. I've learned alot in the last year on these boards. I've cruised (30x) in 17 years and now know soo many ways to save money. My husband teases me that soon RCCL will pay me to cruise. Between Diamond, stock, RCCL credit card, looking for senior discounts and booking on board it all adds up.

Hi Judy,

We also try to board very early - actually I'm usually so excited that I'm one of the first to board! We'll be at the pool bar and my DH will probably be wearing a Red Sox hat. His name is David, so please make sure you say hello. By the way, we have a thread going for this cruise under the roll calls for the Radiance. Stop in and say hello. Thank you again for motivating me!

Amy

Hi Judy,

We also try to board very early - actually I'm usually so excited that I'm one of the first to board! We'll be at the pool bar and my DH will probably be wearing a Red Sox hat. His name is David, so please make sure you say hello. By the way, we have a thread going for this cruise under the roll calls for the Radiance. Stop in and say hello. Thank you again for motivating me!

Amy

Good for you Bob. I've learned alot in the last year on these boards. I've cruised (30x) in 17 years and now know soo many ways to save money. My husband teases me that soon RCCL will pay me to cruise. Between Diamond, stock, RCCL credit card, looking for senior discounts and booking on board it all adds up.

I might add that it is possible to also use a C & A coupon, and transfer booking to a TA that gives extra perks(I've not done that though). If anyone could get all of those it would be 7 different discounts!!!

I will get 5 on 1 cruise in 2007, and may try and get a 6th just for fun.

Archived