Room keys on the PG

WeRockChalkKU

They're plastic cards, just like on all the RSSC ships, like a hotel key card, swipe cards with a magnetic strip. There's no hole to hang them on (that would be nice). I guess you could punch a hole as long as it doesn't interfere with the magnetic strip, and the end that you stick into the door.

The keys do sound like the kind that you can punch a hole in then. You're right, you have to not punch the wrong end and avoid the magnetic stripe. DH & I attach them to the type of clip on devices that have a coiled up wire/elastic string that you've seen various employees have at their jobs for their employee ID's to be attached to. That way I can always clip it on my shorts and not worry about it falling out of my pocket when I'm out and about on the ship. You can buy them at office supply stores. Some people punch holes in their cards and wear them on lanyards around their neck. I prefer the clip on and then I can safely tuck my card into my shorts pocket and keep it out of sight. All of this sounds like over kill for sailing on the PG - this is our first RSSC cruise and it sounds like every staff will know what room I'm in and will be always available if I needed to get in my room if I didn't have my key. I've just been on big ships with long lines/long waits at the purser's desk. Just a few more days til I'm in paradise!!!!!

Archived