I was at rum point on December 12th

cruisingadoptionworker

GRAND CAYMAN: Having done sting rays before, I wanted something a little different. As well 8 ships were in port that day which meant that about 20,.000 people would be in that tiny little port. We booked a little diatshu tin car through avis for 50 bucks and drove to Rum Point. Caution, the web site says that there bus will pick you up in front of the Blue Iguana at 8, but it fails to mention that you have to call first. We got our car, and the drive (although on the left side of the road) was fairly smooth with minimal turns. We stopped at a grocery store on the way and loaded up on goodies. Rum Point was nothing short of spectacular. The view is breathtaking, and the swimming is amazing. It looks like a dreamy postcard. And we had it all to ourselves (for a little while). We had some good rice beans, and jerk pork. It was in Cayman dollars so be prepared to spend a bit. We left after a few hours with lots of time to get back to port. It was a great day, and fantastic adventure with a nice tour of the island, and the best thing is that we got away from the crowds.

GRAND CAYMAN: Having done sting rays before, I wanted something a little different. As well 8 ships were in port that day which meant that about 20,.000 people would be in that tiny little port. We booked a little diatshu tin car through avis for 50 bucks and drove to Rum Point. Caution, the web site says that there bus will pick you up in front of the Blue Iguana at 8, but it fails to mention that you have to call first. We got our car, and the drive (although on the left side of the road) was fairly smooth with minimal turns. We stopped at a grocery store on the way and loaded up on goodies. Rum Point was nothing short of spectacular. The view is breathtaking, and the swimming is amazing. It looks like a dreamy postcard. And we had it all to ourselves (for a little while). We had some good rice beans, and jerk pork. It was in Cayman dollars so be prepared to spend a bit. We left after a few hours with lots of time to get back to port. It was a great day, and fantastic adventure with a nice tour of the island, and the best thing is that we got away from the crowds.

Thank you for posting! Rum Point sounds great! I think we will rent from Avis as well....so you need to call when you get off the ship? Did you use a payphone or what??

Is it a local company that does tours?

We have done the stingray thing, and are looking for something different. Can you catch a cab to Rum Point? Is it good snorkeling there?

Any other suggestions. We will be in Grand Cayman from 7am-3pm

Thanks,

Trying to decide on Nativeway Reef, Rays, and Rumpoint tour? How was yhour experience? How much time did you get at Rumpoint? How was lunch and what did they serve? My other option is to take Captain Marvin's and then a taxi to 7 mile beach.

i was going to rent a car from budget to go to rum point beach. our ship is in port from 7am to 4pm.

it says on the website that budget will pick us up from the docking location and take us to our car. i've never been on a cruise before and was wondering what times i should tell budget to pick us up.

i'm guessing that it might take a while to get off the boat in the morning and such. would 8am be a good time for them to pick us up? and would dropping us off at 3pm be enough time to board the ship?

and does anyone have any suggestions about when we should plan on start driving back from the beach? i was thinking 1:30?

thanks so much!

Archived