Mariner souvenir - model of the ship?

DH would like to know if you can buy a model of the ship as a souvenir? We'll be on Mariner next month ( :D ) and that's the one souvenir he really wants. If it's available, any idea of price? How big it is?

Thanks for any info! :)

I don't know about a model of the ship, but if you're looking for a really good souvenier, try the video about the making of the voyager (Eagle) class ships. Incredibly awesome, and well worth the money at $20 (somewhere around there).

We were on the Mariner in April. They did have the ship model's,and they were $25.Nice size,about 7 or 8 inches long. Warning: You will fall in love with the Mariner and may not want to get off. Wish I was still on her.She is one absolutely AWESOME ship.

Yes, MOS does have a model being sold in the gift shop. I ended up paying $20 on the last day. They are really nice and my mom and dad loved it.....(they usually cruise with us but not on the MOS, which I wished they saw as she is so beautiful) but they really enjoyed the model.

I thought it was really nice myself. You won't be disappointed.

Nellie:)

Thanks everyone for the information. And pjm327 thanks for the e-bay link, that's a really good photo of the model, I'll show it to DH - he'll be thrilled! He collects Danbury Mint stadium replicas and I think he already cleared a place out on the shelf for the ship replica.

39+ days and counting, I think you're right Grany'sT, once we get on this ship we may not want to get off!

We were on the Mariner on the June 6 sailing. My dh gets a model of each ship we sail, so when he saw the model in the gift shop the first night, he went ahead and bought it. They were out of them by the third day. They did not have any more in storage to bring out - they were gone. So, get it early!

We were on the June 20th cruise and got one for my 12 yo son (he has a collections of different ships that we pick up for him on each of our cruise).

I even got the Capt to sign it for him (when he signed the book I bought) which is kinda cool since it was my son's first cruise.

I looked at the model too..thinking it would be a model like some of the sailboat models I've seen, with detail, really nice..the thing I saw on my July 4th sailing was a piece of junk! It was a hunk of metal, out of one mold..didn't even look handpainted, cause some of the colors "ran over the lines"...no detail (again, it was just molded out of one piece)..looked like the white paint had just been poured over it and then the other colors brushed on by machine. I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but the thing I saw was in the gift shop with all the Mariner tshirts, Xmas ornaments, kids souveneirs, etc... Just my 2 cents....

We are talking a $20-$25.00 model souvenir. It is not a museum quality piece but, in my opinion, certainly not a piece of junk. Nor is it a hunk of metal. In fact there is no metal. It feels more like a solid hard type of plastic or a plaster of paris type substance and has a fair amount of weight to it.

I think it makes a very nice momento of the cruise and I have one of both Explorer and Mariner.

Now it makes me wonder what in the world I saw when I was on the Mariner? I remember picking it up after admiring it from afar and it was exactly as I described...very strange! Please don't misunderstand, I am not doubting you (or saying that you bought a piece of junk), just describing what I personally saw....

Archived