Punta Langosta and Carnival Glory...shopping??

sharecruises

Hi...

I found a good list of where the cruise ships are docking this week

and I also have checked my "week" on the Glory, and that day there will only be 2 ships at Cozumel on my "day"...Glory and Fantasy

So, I am thinking : probably Glory WILL dock at Punta Langosta?

This is the part of Cozumel that seems a bit confusing, I guess things have been changing and improving since the early days of hurricaine devastation

Punta Langosta is the "downtown" pier right?

Good shopping there...no need for additional cab...right??

Suggested stores/things to buy at pier??

how much for cab from Langosta to .? various beaches?

Playa Uvas??

anything at the Pier itself to "not miss">?

Thanks in advance

We docked at Punta Lagosta two weeks ago on the Grand. It is the downtown pier. Shopping is very nearby, just walk off the pier and their are tons of shops. If you keep walking to the left, shops extend for blocks and blocks. I couldn't believe how many shopping plazas there are! No need to take a cab. With only two ships in port I think your chances of docking here would be very good.

I liked docking at this pier because of the convenience of shopping. I don't think there is much else to do there but shop. I can't comment on recommended shops since we were only looking for small knick-knacks for grandkids.

We didn't use taxis this time (took a dune buggy tour), but two years ago from the other pier a taxi was $15 for 7 of us to Paradise Beach.

Have been to Cozumel many times and still enjoy shopping down the main street and the streets behind the main drag. Shopping hint: You can often find better bargains a street or two behind the main shopping street. Don't be afraid to venture ``off the beaten track'' as the shop owners are very friendly.

We normally shop our way down the street until we get to Los Cinco Soles, a large shop offering items from silver to souvenirs, vanilla to hot sauces, tequila, etc. Inside Los Cinco Soles is a restful courtyard and Pancho's Backyard, a restaurant with good food and Great! magarittas. After eating well and imbibing more than our share of grande drinks, we finaly walk outside the doors of Los Cinco Soles to the taxi stand and tell the first driver we see to ``take ush bak to our shiip.'' Somehow they always get us on the right one!:D

Dianne

Punta Langosta pier is my idea of the perfect docking area for Cozumel. It took some very heavy hits during the hurricane and was happy to see it repaired and dockable again on our last stop there.

Happy shopping and touring. If there are only two ships in port that day, you should have a terrific time. Been there when there were 6 or more ships in port.

Dianne

Thanks!

Sounds good....I agree that with 2 ships we will most likely be at this pier,

I guess it is a "main" pier and the shopping sounds great

any current cab prices from Langosta to Beaches etc appreciated

thanks

Cab price for up to four people will be in the $8/10 dollar range, as it is only about 4 miles. At times when they only have a couple of ships in port they will put one at langosta, and one at the international pier [not to say that is what will happen, but something to keep in mind].

Thanks Ken...

one good thing (from what I have read here ) with ONLY two ships in port we should at least be docked at some pier rather than tendering !!

from maps it looks like the "downtown" pier is this Langosta one

good to see that Cozumel is recovering so much from Wilma

Another tip about shopping.... Los Cinco Soles is on the "main drag" (Rafael Melgar). It is a fixed price store that has a huge representation of what is sold in San Miguel. Go there and take a look at the prices for things you're interested in, THEN go shop around the square (and a few blocks either side of it), knowing you should NEVER pay more than you can get the item for at Cinco Soles.

Archived