Question about Soda Pass

rsavagn610

Family of four with 12 and 14 yr olds first cruise.Will be on Adventure of the Seas Mar 18/07.

Planning on getting Soda Passes for kids. My question is will the kids have to use the "complimentary Coca Cola cup" that they are given each time they want a soda. It seems a bit of a pain in the @#$ to have to carry a cup around all the time in case you feel like a drink. If you left it in your cabin, would you have to go back for it.

Another important question, do they have bottled beer on the ship.

And if yes do they serve it in the bottle. Please tell me they don't pour beer into cheat plastic cups. The only thing that flattens beer faster is a styrform cup. If they do require it to be in a cup, would I be able to use my own glass.

I believe that they put a stamp on your seapass for the soda, making it into your soda card.

I know that on RCI you can get a Bucket of Beer which is a bucket filled with ice and bottles of beer, so that line does have bottled beer. I believe that the others do also.

I've not sailed on the Adventure of the Seas but have cruised with RCL. You don't need the cup. They should put a sticker on your sign and sail card and you just have to show that at the bar. They'll give you a glass although it is a small glass.

No they do not need to carry that Coke cup thing around. They will get a Coke sticker on their ID so when they want a soda they can simply walk up to the bar and ask for one.

Yes, bottled beer is on the ship and you get the bottle. Budweiser products are in the metal bottles vs. the glass that can break.

:confused: We are going to be on the Elation in January and does anyone know how much a sodapass will cost us? Would it be better to just bring some cans onboard with us? I cannot get my day started without a Coke.

Sorry I can't help with the cost on the Elation, but I would suggest you bring some cans or bottles on with you. Like you, I can't start my day without a diet coke. Most bars don't open early enough for me, especially when you are trying to make sure to get off the ship early. So I usually just keep a few bottles in the room's refrigerator if there is one. I don't bring on lots at a time. Usually just a couple and then replenish at the next port. And then I use the soda card for the time's I'm on the ship.

:confused: We are going to be on the Elation in January and does anyone know how much a sodapass will cost us? Would it be better to just bring some cans onboard with us? I cannot get my day started without a Coke.

soda cards cost 3.95 a day for the whole cruise a 7 day card is 45.00 which includes the gratutity. its for a small glass of soda - one at a time.

It is not good for room service. take your own 12 pack.. and keep the cans on ice

Wow that is cheap compared to RCI which is 6.00 a day. I do carry on my own cans of pop and water. It is difficult to find soda in morning hours!

With RCI the soda card includes juices all day too- which would be good for people smuggling on their alcohol.

Princes is cheap-- I can get a soda card for the week for under 30bucks so that will be the first card I will ever buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if water is free on this ship? Also, is the ice tea sweetened or unsweetened? Stupid questions, i know, but i'm curious. My husband just found out that he cannot get Mt Dew and he's upset that it's not included in our cruise price! I gotta make it sound good somehow.. If the tea is unsweetened, he'll be a happy camper, and if the water is free, i will be a happy camper!!!! anyone?

Can anyone tell me if water is free on this ship? Also, is the ice tea sweetened or unsweetened? Stupid questions, i know, but i'm curious. My husband just found out that he cannot get Mt Dew and he's upset that it's not included in our cruise price! I gotta make it sound good somehow.. If the tea is unsweetened, he'll be a happy camper, and if the water is free, i will be a happy camper!!!! anyone?

I take a 24 oz sports bottle and use that for my water. The water onboard is good to drink. THere is a water dispenser at the lido buffet.

Ice tea is not sweetened...nor is it the brewed kind. Its a syrup. If i mix it with the lemonade or fruit punch it is very good for me. ALso choc milk is available.

You can carry on Mt Dew when you board.

(disney world dont have Pepsi products...for that matter most places carry coke products.)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a long wait before, my cruise, but seeing this thread made me curious. How much do individual sodas cost on board? I like to drink some soda, but with water and lemonade available, I wonder if the soda card would be worth the expense?

Thanks!

Archived