Labadee Waverunners & Cameras

Sheik

I've not used those however almost every jetski out there has a small compartment under the handelbars near where you sit for things like sunglasses, keys, gloves, and so on. I own two jetskis and would I put a camera in there that wasn't waterproof?... NO. The space there still gets wet and the person before you most normally will put the landyard back in there which will cause water to be in the from the start. So... just put the camera in a zip-loc bag and go you'll be happy you did.

We did that excursion a year ago. I remember a compartment, but to get it in and out would be a hasle(?) We bought a waterproof camera and used it. It was great. Just used the wrist strap to hold it. They sell them on Labadee and give you time to get it before you go out.

I really want to take some nice pictures during the Waverunners tour at Labadee. Do the waverunners have a waterproof compartment for my camera?

Yes, the Yamaha models I had did. How watertight, I won't swear to, I had an underwater camera with me. I wish I would have had it when the couple in front of me went vertical. :eek:

We did that excursion a year ago. I remember a compartment, but to get it in and out would be a hasle(?) We bought a waterproof camera and used it. It was great. Just used the wrist strap to hold it. They sell them on Labadee and give you time to get it before you go out.

Getting it in and out was only a hassle when you were moving :) The day we where there, if you had a camera on your wrist, it would have probably bruises your arms up pretty good. It was rough. (Had ridden them many times on lakes in the US, had never done it on the ocean before.

The first time I went on the waverunners I used a waterproof camera. The second time I got brave and brought my digital. I figured if it fell in it would be a good excuse to buy a new one. I kept it in a ziploc bac inside the case and took it out at the stops. It was fine in the compartment. I would just make sure to have it in the padded case because the ride can get bumpy. Maybe I was just lucky, but I got great pictures. I'm not sure what would have happened if I flipped the waverunner. Yes, it happens.

I would go for it!

This is GOOD information, thanks all!

Your welcome, enjoy. I'll add when the leader takes you through a course in the lagoon, he will say to follow him exactly as some pieces of coral stick up high. He means it.

We have a small waterproof case with a sholder strap that we take with us when we cruise. It is perfect for a camera, and has room for wallet and sea passes. We never have to worry about leaving our valuables on shore when we do water activities in port and it keeps the camera dry! You can get them at http://www.waterproofcases.net/. We bought ours at a local boating store. Have fun!

I just did this excursion a few weeks ago. There is a compartment on the jet ski to hold things. I put some money for tips etc in it. It did get wet, but I don't think the employee cared that I gave him wet money.LOL If you've not done this excursion before...it's great. Most places that you can rent jet skis, they will tell you to stay between two areas out in the water. Like mentioned, on this excursion you will follow the RCI employee (about 100 yards apart between riders) through the lagoons and then out into the open water hitting the waves coming in. They will stop along the way and show you different parts of the island and then return back to the beach. We hit speeds of 70mph in the lagoons and a little over 50mph out in the ocean. They will put you in order of how fast you want to go...faster people in front and slower in the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sigafoos! I need some information from you in order to complete the Jewel Feb 10th CC directory. Can you e-mail me at laurent at furnacefactorydirect dot ca so I can reply back to you with what & why I need it.

Cheers,

Laurent

Archived