Question about Online Checkin...

pheifej

:o I completed the online check in for our cruise several weeks ago, but our printer was out of ink, so I did not print out the xpress pass (I think that's what it's called the thing with the bar code). It got lost in the 300 other things I needed to do before we left. So now, we're leaving tomorrow, and I went to print them out and it says we're too close and I can't.

I am going to the online check in section and it says no changes can be made and not giving me any options. Is there a way around this? Or am I not able to print them?

Procrastination does not pay... Now to start packing :rolleyes:

I already completed the crusie ticket and account info online. I just didn't print the pass. Am I going to have to do it all over again? It doesn't really matter, but it would be nice no to have to redo everything

Can't speak about Celebrity, but on other lines, if you completed the check-in online, they will have the information in the computer, whether you print out anything or not.

I am sure they can locate your information from your cruise tickets.

The online checkin saves time because you input a lot of the information rather than the agent at the pier.

Don't worry, the info is in the computer!

Then that check-in person was not doing his/her job correctly. You need to turn in a signed acknowledgement that you agree to the cruise line terms and a signed credit card agreement. It can be your signed Express Pass, signed Cruise Ticket contract from your cruise document booklet or forms that you execute right on the spot at check-in.

I have used the online check-in and had the printout in my hand and the check-in person didn't need it because everything was in the computer.

Yes I've been there too. I do change credit card at the check in desk and it takes less than a minute.

Dec 9th Summit cruise, had "Express check in" paperwork, but I need not have bothered to go on line.

First glich was at airport, no meet and greet, I had to take the airport shuttle to the hotel - the driver accept my Celebrity pass so I did not have to pay.

At hotel again no rep from ship to advise on getting to pier , even though again I had paid Celebrity for transportation, bus did come, but driver did not come into hotel, had I not been outside I most likely would not have known. He could not fit all the luggage in, and some had to come seperately.

At pier, a "staffer" looked at my "Express pass" but told me I would still have to "get in line " with everyone else (only the suites had priority)

Boarded at 1.30, told to go to buffet as rooms would not be ready until 2p.m, announcement made and it was a "rugby scrum" for the elevators . no staff around , it was find your own way.

My cabin was very clean and the staff taking care of it very good, but the Captain never made the 12 0/clock Bridge announcement, the CD did that, it proved to be because the Captain did not speak much English.

The Chief Engineer presided over the Captains table on the last formal night.

In fact I never saw any senior officer making "rounds" to check everything was as it should be .

While in my hotel room I accessed my luggage it was fine, it was fine when I saw it at the pier, one bag came early to my room that too was fine, but the second bag came after 10p.m. It had one handle hanging off, someone had stolen my bright yellow plastic name tag, and had also tried to "jimmie" the bright yellow lock threaded through the zip pulls, the lock had held but the key no longer worked.

I had maintenance cut it off, and the ship staff repaired the handle, they did an excellent job of the repair and I did have a spare lock for the return trip.

I was however left wondering when and where the damage had occured and who was the "perp" .?

Archived