Which JS on the Brilliance? AFT not avail

flagger

Does anyone have recommendations for a JS cabin we should try to get on our 2008 cruise? We plan to do our booking when cruising FOS in 16 days.

Have you stayed in any on the Radiance class ships that are special? Should be avoided? We will waitlist for the AFT, but just in case.

Thanks

We were in 9576 hump balcony on the Brilliance and loved it! It's not a JS, but a wonderful D1. We've been in D1's and JS's, and would take this D1 again in a heart beat! Larger balcony, quiet,(it has a little tiny hallway where no one else travels) and convenient to all areas. If you can get it, or close by, go for it. Remember, when you book on board, if you don't get the exact cabin you want, no worries. You have a lotta time to check for better accommodations. Booking on board gets you the discount, plus a foot in the door to find better cabins later. Enjoy both your cruises.

Rick and Deirdra

The only problem with that one is it does not have a sofa bed and that is a D1 that Royal will not allow a third person in the room. You can try to get approval from the marine department, but at four/almost five I doubt our DD will still sleep on the sofa.

The extra space sure is appreciated in the JS, but I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks.

We had the last JS on the port side (aft section). It is a "partially obstructed, and I was really worried about the obstruction, but it turns out that because of the way the ship is made, we had a much wider balcony than any of the other side JS's! It gave us room for a lounge chair, 2 chairs and a rather large square table. The balcony is wider than the width of the room, since it kind of goes back under the outer shell of the ship's hull. It was a perfect place for napping--out of the wind and very private. We would book this cabin (or it's sister on the starboard side) again!

Does anyone have recommendations for a JS cabin we should try to get on our 2008 cruise? We plan to do our booking when cruising FOS in 16 days.

Have you stayed in any on the Radiance class ships that are special? Should be avoided? We will waitlist for the AFT, but just in case.

Thanks

I would read as many reviews of Brilliance.

Go to webshots.com and search for BOS and cabin #, lots of pix.

I have the RCI CVR's for Europe and Caribbean. Full color deck plans and use that as a guide.

Ask your LA once onboard. Our LA on Monarch, Danney for example, is good at suggesting cabins.

Call C & A and ask about what cabins they might suggest, based on your preferences. They will also tell you what is available. Once I called about an aft balcony on Navigator OS and was told it was 20% obstructed, so I switched to a "hump" cabin on higher deck for less money.

Look to see if there are any JS cabins available on the hump. They are also popular due to the depth of the balconies.

Brilliance doesn't have any hump JS cabins, sadly.

Flagger, I think cb at sea's cabin (1098 - 1598 on the starboard side is a mirror image) would be the way to go if you can't get 1100 or 1602 because of the larger balcony. Otherwise, I would probably suggest that you avoid anything on the port side of the ship that would be directly under the section of the Windjammer next to the pool (if there's a JS there - I don't quite have the deck plans memorized:rolleyes: ) because you might hear furniture scraping. Also, the WJ overhang curves in & out - I think the cabins toward the stern would get more light because it's "in" at that point, but I'm not sure. The interiors would all be virtually identical.

Archived