Transport from MIA to hotel?

gypsyrose

For 2 couples, what is the best mode of transport from the Miami hotel to the Holiday INn at the port? Rented a car in Port Canaveral but since it is not as far a drive not sure this is necessary. Will be right across Bayside so should be able to walk anywhere we want to go. Then of course we have to get to the port the next morn. SO.........rent a car, take a cab/van, is there airport shuttle? Next morn, what is best way to get to the port? Want to get there early even if it is only to sit around and wait;) Thanks for your help.

For 2 couples, what is the best mode of transport from the Miami hotel to the Holiday INn at the port? Rented a car in Port Canaveral but since it is not as far a drive not sure this is necessary. Will be right across Bayside so should be able to walk anywhere we want to go. Then of course we have to get to the port the next morn. SO.........rent a car, take a cab/van, is there airport shuttle? Next morn, what is best way to get to the port? Want to get there early even if it is only to sit around and wait;) Thanks for your help.

Here's the data you need: http://www.miami-airport.com/html/taxi_and_shuttle_service.html

I think it says the shuttles would cost $16 per person while a taxi would be $21.50 for up to 5 people - that's MIA to the hotel (downtown)

Similarly in the morn' I'd take a taxi - you are minutes away....

Thank you for the link all though I had trouble figuring it out. Forgive me, I just got home from work and I guess my brain is fried. I didn't see the hotel we are going to on any of the zones so do not understand how much they are charging. Is it just me and being a crazy Friday:confused: Do we do a taxi or shuttle? I apologize...........

your zone is "downtown"

either way tho - note that the per person shuttle for two people consistently becomes more than the taxi fare to the same place which is for up to 5 people.

At $22 per cab for down town, even if you use 2, that's less than $16per person.

2 x 22 = 44

4 x 16 = 64

that's how I read it anyway (or read it since right now the site appears to be down)

Archived