Travel Channel show - Freedom of the Seas

crusingici

I did not see a thread posted on this -- I taped and watched "Samantha Brown" take a cruise on Freedom of the Seas from Miami -- great oveview of the ship and ports.

That ship really IS amazing -like a city!

Thought some of you might be interested in checking out when the show is on in your area. For my location there is one showing each day Dec 23, 24, 25 on The Travel Channel.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the link, Corona. That IS quite a chatty thread on the topic!

Guess my search words were not definitive enough to pull it up.

I personally thought it was a great infomercial for the ship and activities at the ports -- but then I like Samantha -- I find her "fresh" and "fun".....but who wouldn't be with VIP treatment of no lines - no folks on deck and private excursions! Funny how all the "local" folks knew her by name as she walked up to them......:D

Anyway - back to the point of the original post -- it's a good intro for newbies and a good reminder to those who've been there, done that.

and again - thanks for the link -- I enjoyed reading thru the comments.

Actually when you see the ship in person it definitely looks like a ship, bigger perhaps than some, but it still has the lines and appearance of a cruise ship and once you are onboard you get a great cruise experience. Even with its size and increased passenger capacity, we never felt crowded, perhaps because there are so many things going on at the same time that the passengers are well dispersed throughout the ship.

I prefer the size and style of Radiance class ships, but no one would ever consider them "small" except in comparison to Voyager or Freedom class ships. :)

Archived