booking excursions in Cozumel

texasnana

DO i book before with the cruise site, do i book before we dock, do i book off travelnotes.com ????

Alson which exursion do you recommond. We have been to cozumel atleast 10 times * we live in Texas can you say cheap vaction*. We have gone to the other side in rented VW that was an experience. We have snorked, did the jeep and dune buggy. WE have shopped till we dropped. So what is left. ( also hubby does not like to snorkle or deep sea dive.. has had a head injury makes it hard)

Any tips or suggestions???

I have some thoughts. If you want to book an excursion through the ship, then I suggest that you narrow down your options and if you find an excursion you want, book it now. If you change your mind, you can always cancel up to 24 hours before the excursion.

If you want to do a private excursion, check out the Cozumel board under Ports of Call in the dropdown box at the bottom of this page.

How about a trip over to the ruins in Mexico? RCI has an excursion that goes there.

If not any of the other things you have mentioned, then I suggest a day at a beach. Paradise Beach is beautiful, but I have heard that they do charge a 2 drink minimum to stay there. I am not sure what else is available since I haven't been there since the hurricane.

Have fun planning!

DO i book before with the cruise site, do i book before we dock, do i book off travelnotes.com ????

Alson which exursion do you recommond. We have been to cozumel atleast 10 times * we live in Texas can you say cheap vaction*. We have gone to the other side in rented VW that was an experience. We have snorked, did the jeep and dune buggy. WE have shopped till we dropped. So what is left. ( also hubby does not like to snorkle or deep sea dive.. has had a head injury makes it hard)

Any tips or suggestions???

Book online with RCI on their website. You will need your reservation/booking number. You can purchase up to 10 days before departure, but some excursions sell out before then. Web site list all excursions available for your scheduled cruise by port. If you get on the ship and change your mind they will refund your money up to 24 hours before the excursion starts. Booking directly outside of the ship is slightly cheaper, but the ship will leave without you if you do not get back in time. The ship will wait for groups to return that are on excursions booked through the website/ship.

We were there last week and since it was our 5th time we did not do any excursions. We planned on going to Paradise Beach, but it was raining. We decided to just shop and hang out at Senior Frogs. Pier was usable, but in bad shape. Still lots of construction going on and evidence that hurricane did severe damage. Obvious improvements since our last Decemeber.

One suggestion for what to do, since it seems you've done a lot of the other options. Last time I was in Cozumel, we did an excursion through RCCL called the Mexican Cuisine Demonstration. It's a cooking class at Playa Mia Beach club. Very fun and enjoyable. You cook three dishes, a sope, grouper, and rice pudding, all the while being supplied with all the bottled water and drinks that you could want. Then you get to eat your efforts. Afterwards you have access to all the facilities at Playa Mia if you want to use them.

Yes, the Mexican Cuisine excursion is the best excursion RCI has going. It has been my absolute favorite out of every port. It tops the dog sled in Alaska. I'd do it again.

And I don't even like to cook. But this one was FUN!

Too bad my husband lost my video camera bag during this excursion. He drank too much and told me he had it in the backpack and I believed him. Next time, I'm taking care of the stuff!

We were at a cooking station with a couple from a Disney ship. They paid $3 less than us for the excursion. But I bet they paid more for their cruise. ;)

I understand Luis is still there but Javier is no longer with them. Luis is a blast. Very young but very good at what he does.

The gals I am cruising with in January want to take this class- they heard others say it is fun.

I have read about several cooking classes - some are private - I am curious where this one from the cruise line is held -- in a "tent" of sorts or in a home? On the Cozumel thread there is a photo of a huge tent that has the cooking class in a corner - says it also serves a buffet. This one said the drinks were served in tiny cups --- other cooking classes mention being in a home with regular drink glasses. Some sound like it is outside -- so I am very confused as to what the class is like that is sold thru Royal Caribbean.

The day we will be in Cozumel there will be over 12,000 tourists as there will be 6 ships in port! Some of us had decided to stay on the ship and not fight the crowds as we've been to Coz before. Then mention was made of this cooking class.

Anyone have any details they can share of this particular excursion?

Thank you so much!

Anyone have any details they can share of this particular excursion?

Thank you so much!

Yes, I have a pretty detailed account of it in my Rhapsody review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=396207&highlight=zantedeschia

It's long so scroll down till you get to the part about Cozumel.

It was in the corner of a large open air but covered public area (with lots of tables and vendors and such next to the beach). Drinks were full sized and served on demand, beer came in bottles, etc. My other comment is the website says over 18 only but on the ship it changes to 15 and over.

The cozumel cuisine excursion is, as the previous poster said, under a large tent style canopy in the corner. There is a huge buffet you can have instead of or in addition to what you make - for as long as you would like to partake of it.

The only thing I would correct is that the drinks were not served on demand. Yes, they were full size BUT they demanded to refill them before you asked. :) Sometimes there would be a new freshly filled glass right there before you could say, "hey, let me finish that other one!" And the tequila shots were also highly encouraged but not forced. It was more of a "lets celebrate that we completed making this fabulous course. You did such a great job, let's have a shot." Or something like that.

Only the first drink when we got there, and sat down and waited for our class to begun, was offered to us in a paper cup. From the time the class started it was full size glasses all the way. All I can say is BE CAREFUL because those drinks will catch up with you - they are NOT weak.

Luis did say that they were hoping to move the class into an inside area with airconditioning at some point. When or if that will happen, I don't know. He suggested that you put that down as a request on your after class comment card. We did the class in August though and it wasn't too terribly hot although I am a Floridian and am used to it. They had large fans and a nice breeze blowing.

One suggestion for what to do, since it seems you've done a lot of the other options. Last time I was in Cozumel, we did an excursion through RCCL called the Mexican Cuisine Demonstration. It's a cooking class at Playa Mia Beach club. Very fun and enjoyable. You cook three dishes, a sope, grouper, and rice pudding, all the while being supplied with all the bottled water and drinks that you could want. Then you get to eat your efforts. Afterwards you have access to all the facilities at Playa Mia if you want to use them.

Did the Mexican Cuisine thing just last week. Luis was the instructor, and Javier was our best friend. We chose that excursion as we had been to Coz several times, and really enjoyed it. I could go for more of that grouper with the mango sauce-yummy! :D

Did the Mexican Cuisine thing just last week. Luis was the instructor, and Javier was our best friend. We chose that excursion as we had been to Coz several times, and really enjoyed it. I could go for more of that grouper with the mango sauce-yummy! :D

That was good grouper, wasn't it? Who needs the buffet?

Someone here told us that Javier was no longer working at the Mexican Cuisine. I'm glad to hear that's not true. He must have just had the day off the day they went.

Get off the boat, walk into a waiting taxi, for about 5 bucks ask them to take you to paradise beach! It's BEAUTIFUL! Sit on the cleanest beach (and I'm from Hawaii) sip their to die for mellon drink, get some of the best food, float around the water! The beach is free, no payment to use, just eat and enjoy!!!

Archived