lobster

On RCCL it is served on the 2nd formal night but on FOS it was on a Wed. Wed was not the formal night. Ask for extra tails right away. Friends who went to Windjammer said that they did not have lobster but they do not eat seafood most of the time.

On our 5 day, it wasn't served on formal night. It was served another night.

I do not believe lobster is served on 5 day cruises. We were on Enchantment Sept 06 and we did not have lobster.

We had lobster on the 2nd formal night of our 6 day cruise....

Don't forget to tell them how delicious the first tail was and how horrible the second one was.

Robyn and I smelled and tasted something bad with the second tail. We both spit it out. It smelled like ammonia. Unfortunately, one of our other friends ate it and spent the last day of the cruise confined to her cabin with food poisoning.:(

From a New Englander's point of view they don't serve lobster on ANY length cruise. That creature that they pass off as lobster on the ships doesn't look or taste like any lobster I've ever eaten!

I'm sure you are right, but for those of us who don;t live up there..mmmmmmm.

We did notice that the lobster on Voyager were about 3 times larger than the ones we had on Rhapsody last Sept. I ate 3 of them last Sept--as my BIL said, they were 2 biters--and only 1 on VOS. But they sur3e were tastey to this south Texan.

From a New Englander's point of view they don't serve lobster on ANY length cruise. That creature that they pass off as lobster on the ships doesn't look or taste like any lobster I've ever eaten!

I do have to say, on the Carnival Conquest in Feb, they did a better impression of a lobster than they did on the RCL Spendour this past week. Carnivals was fresher tasting and RCL's was overspiced and limp. I ate about half of mine and couldn't force down anymore!

I've been on Enchantment several times (5 day trips) Lobster was served on some of the trips, but on my last one they had a combo, shrimp and lobster...(it was half of the lobster tail and some shrimp...)

To the New Englander...there are many types of lobster, New England is NOT the only place that lobster is served, it is served all over the world...there are huge Australian lobster tails, Florida lobster, African lobster tails, to name a few, and then Maine lobster (which I'm sure is the lobster you are talking about) I have eaten all of them and they all taste different. I personally find the Maine Lobster tail to be a tad bit chewy, while the rest of the Maine Lobster including the legs and the liver is excellent. My favorite is the Florida Lobster (also known as craw fish), the tail is tender and juicy, and the taste, when fresh, is as good as the claws of a Maine or New England Lobster. So different strokes for different folks! The lobsters served on Royal Caribbean are OK, but I have eaten better, as I am sure most people have.

Happy Holidays.

HomeXmas1.gif

I'm from the east coast of Canada - Nova Scotia, and we were raised on fresh lobster served straight from the ocean to the dinner table. I am not a fan of RCI's lobster......not to say that it's terrible, it's just not what I like. I prefer a sweeter, plumper lobster....

Shar27 is correct. The 2nd lobster we ordered on the Radiance last month was "off" - it did have a funky smell and my feeling was that it was not fresh (or not frozen whilst it was still fresh). I can smell bad seafood and there was no way I was eating it! Yes, a friend of ours had horrible food poisoning from her lobster that night....

Archived