Royal Caribbean or Princess??

VioletNYC

Hi Everyone! I just found this website it's great!! Anyway, my sister and I are looking to head out on our 1st cruise! We are both in our mid 20's. We definitely want to leave either out of NY or NJ and we were debating between the Crown Princess and Explorer of the Seas. We are looking for a nice relaxing vacation, with all kinds of age groups! We are single but are not looking to hook up, but some nice guys to buy us some drinks would be great! haha

Please let me know if you have any advice/feedback?

Thanks so much!!

Violet

While I found neither line to be openly hostile or overwhelmingly friendly to single women, my experience has been that RC is much more laid back and less "couples-couples-couples".

They both have events listed in their daily calendars (Cruise Compass on RC) for singles, and on both they were sparsely attended or never held.

I make my own fun! But you have to be an extrovert. ;)

Hi Guys, just finished a cruise in nov - lots of activities great pools. one is for adults only = no children lots of opportunity for beaches in ports. Rc is laid back and not as much of a party scene as princess. Hope this helps. that was my 1st cruise an it was wonderful. Have fun!!

Hi Guys, just finished a cruise in nov - lots of activities great pools. one is for adults only = no children lots of opportunity for beaches in ports. Rc is laid back and not as much of a party scene as princess. Hope this helps. that was my 1st cruise an it was wonderful. Have fun!!

This is the first time I have read of Princess having a "part scene". If that was your first cruise what information did you use to come to your conclusion on the RCI/Princess comparison?

This is the first time I have read of Princess having a "part scene". If that was your first cruise what information did you use to come to your conclusion on the RCI/Princess comparison?

Yes, I found that mighty odd, too. A mis-typing, perhaps? :confused: :confused: :confused:

RCCL wins hands down. Having cruised the Golden Princess, AOS, and the Freedom I would say if you want more things to do definitely go on a RCCI ship. There are many more choices for entertainment and a more lively atmosphere. My son who is 21 loved RCCI and never wants to cruise on Princess again. There were many young people and singles aboard and countless venues for them to go to.

If you only want to sit out in the sun, I guess Princess is OK, but if you want to party and meet new people RCCI is the way.

Archived