NCL Photo Contest

ocean-going

• 2 months later...

.....by December 31st, but as I recall the winners would not be announced until the Spring issue of Latitudes Magazine.

That would be right about now, wouldn't it???

MrTractor<-------has his cruise all picked out and is just waiting for notification.....:D ...........

• 3 weeks later...

mrtractor<------May have a great pic but hasn't seen the one I entered for my DH that has my absolutely adorable five year old, a grizzly bear (albeit stuffed) and the Star in the back ground.

dosi<------pickin' cruise now and planning to send mrtractor a post card:D

.....everybody thinks THEIR kid is the most adorable kid in the world. I'll be thinking about all the kids back home when we're enjoying our Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona or our trip around the horn of South America!!!

MrTractor<-------is sure your kid is adorable, just not adorable enough to beat his superb photo!......

dosi<----acknowledges that either she or mrtractor may win, but thinks that there is a slight chance that someone other than mrtractor or herself might win with what could only be a subpar entry.

mrtractor<----needs to remember that in addition to the cute kid we have a griz and the ship.....

When is that dang Latitudes coming out anyway???

......with his head in the jaws of a LIVE grizzly bear, you still wouldn't have a chance at winning. Of course, even if you did, you'd have to give your prize to someone else because you'd be in jail for child abuse!

That's a good question. The Spring 2007 Latitudes magazine should be coming out about NOW, shouldn't it???

I see that NCL lost a bunch of money last year, so maybe the mag is being delayed as part of some cutbacks!!!???!?

MrTractor<------hopes somebody like dosi wins if he doesn't.....but only because my entry got lost in the mail~!!!.......

dosi<-----looks forward to sailing with mrtractor and mrs mrtractor some day so she can buy them a cocktail. she will figure it is the least she could considering she had won the cruise!!!:p

mrtractor<----will, if by some insane fluke he wins, be taking a carribean cruise since that is the prize. however he is welcome to dream big if he wants to.

.....the kind of person we would like to meet on a cruise!

And I will be HAPPY to buy you your first round at the traditional After Muster Drill Gathering on our Caribbean cruise should that be the only option available to us when we win the photo contest with our SPECTACULAR photo of the incomparable Na Pali Coast of Kauai from a helicopter. Believe me, when I got home and viewed the pictures, I said right at that moment.......

"I CAN'T TAKE A PICTURE THAT GOOD! IT'S BETTER THAN THE ONES YOU SEE IN THOSE SOFA TABLE PICTURE BOOKS TAKEN BY PROFESSIONALS THAT SPEND WEEKS SETTING UP THE PERFECT SHOT!"

No, really. I said that.

However, being Platinum Latitudes and having sailed the Caribbean from every angle on NCL (N, S, E, W), I am hoping that they'll take.....................

.............A TRADE IN!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHHhhihseihisiseehhdhdeeeeehhheeeshhh...

MrTractor<------really hopes to see dosi's picture some day even if it's in the Honorable Mention section of the Latitudes Mag......:p ......

mrtractor<----won't even have to open the latitudes to see dosi's winning picture......it will be on the cover!!

mrdosi<-----it is MY picture....you didn't take it, you only sent it in.

dosi<-----yes dear, but I did give birth to the child and plan the trip so I get partial credit!!! I think the title "production manager" is well applied.:p

I entered the contest too. But Monte.. don't you think that if you or I had won, we would have been notified by now? Or maybe they just haven't gotten around to calling us yet?

What was your picture of?

• 3 weeks later...

mrtractor and dosi<-------Both better judges of good photography than those visually challenged folks with poor taste who have picked the winners of the Latitudes contest. (j/k if anyone on this board actually won...the pics are very nice, not as nice as mine and mrtractors, but nice all the same)

dosi<-----going to have a glass of wine for herself and one for mrtractor too!!!

Check it out..... http://www.nclphotocontest.com click on winners.

When I first clicked on the winners, I thought I had the previous year. Didn't a whale win in 2005 too? I wonder how many entries they received?

If you can't post your photos, I'd love to hear what your subject matters were that you entered.

Mine was from NYC. (Kind of hard to describe). I took a picture of the Dawn through a giant window as she was parked in the pier. It was a head-on shot with the New York City skyline reflected in the window. Very surreal.

.....the wrong year. This years winner is a picture of the Norwegian Star in Alaska sailing past some snow capped mountains.

My picture was from Hawai'i. I have been to Alaska and agree it is one of the most scenic places on earth. But I have never seen anything more breathtaking than the view of the Na Pali Coast of Kauai, HI. That's the subject of my photo. I really think that my photo would have been looked upon more favorably if it was submitted last year when NCL was heavily promoting it's Hawai'ian itineraries. As you may have heard NCL America is hemmoraging money and the Pride of Hawai'i is being pulled from inter-island service.

They are all great pics and I'm not all that upset about not winning.

OK, maybe a little........

MrTractor<--------still uses his as his computer desktop............

.....of the page you were linked to are the years 2006 and 2007. Click 2007 until you see the Star in Alaska as the Grand Prize Winner.

MrTractor<--------still thinks his is at least as good.........

If you followed the link it should have opened Latitudes. The winners are on the last page. Personally, I would have won but I forgot to enter. The photo is my avatar. Of course the actual photo has a much larger resolution. I took it in Paris while on a Dream excursion. :) It's kind of hard to see but it's the Statue of Liberty with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

......this contest is for amateurs only. Anybody with a telephoto lens that can reach all the way from New York Harbor to Paris has to be a PRO!

MrTractor<--------says that trick photos shouldn't be allowed.............

......this contest is for amateurs only. Anybody with a telephoto lens that can reach all the way from New York Harbor to Paris has to be a PRO!

MrTractor<--------says that trick photos shouldn't be allowed.............

:D :D :D I was amazed to see this sight in Paris. Love the picture though.

Archived