NCL Photo Contest

ocean-going

......even though it's not the Na Pali Coast!

The statue in your photo was actually a replica given the the French by Americans living in France in 1889. You got a good angle there. Is that the ship in the background?

MrTractor<---------thinks you could have come in a close honorable mention to his photo if this contest was fair........;) ........

Oh.. I see what I did wrong... I clicked on "last year's winners" on the bottom of the page that came up instead of "winners" on the right.

Bummer.. I didn't even make third place. :(

The statue in your photo was actually a replica given the the French by Americans living in France in 1889. You got a good angle there. Is that the ship in the background?

MrTractor<---------thinks you could have come in a close honorable mention to his photo if this contest was fair........;) ........

No, the ship was 3 hours away. I took it while on a riverboat tour.

The statue in your photo was actually a replica given the the French by Americans living in France in 1889. You got a good angle there.

They do the weirdest thing. If you go on a Seine river tour at night, it includes a nice dinner with wine and an orchestra on the boat. Their tour starts and ends at the foot of the Eiffel but goes around the Statue of Liberty on the way back. At approximately 11:00 pm on the way back the Eiffel Tower lights up like a sparkler like it does every hour on the hour. While rounding the Statue of Liberty, the band usually strikes up their version of "New York, New York". My first time, I was not paying attention to where we were and kept wondering why they were playing an american song in the middle of the Seine.

Since we're discussing it, I thought I'd post a little larger copy of the photo. Click on it for a larger view. I don't want to hog bandwidth so I'm not posting original.

Archived