Happy Birthday Ruth!!!!!!!

longtimecruiser

Happy Birthday Ruth :)

Many more happy and healthy years, many more wonderful cruises , and lots of chocolate :) :)

Seeing you love the Big Bands so much a famous toast from Ol' Blue Eyes comes to mind

"May you live 1000 years and the last voice you hear ..is mine"

ENJOY:)

Ruth,

Happy, Happy, Happy birthday!

There's something special about December babies. (We have three sweet grandchildren born in December.)

And whata way to celebrate - a great cruise just days away.

Cathy and Ted

I had a nice piece of cake after supper. (I also had one after lunch. :eek: ) That was naughty. :D

Now the rest of you must pick up the standard and eat, Eat, EAT! Cake for everyone!:D :D Ice cream on top, too!

Having you all join in this thread has made this a very special day. I appreciate all the good wishes. Thank you. :)

I have just enjoyed some fudge in your honor. I made it myself a few weeks ago. It improves with age (just like WE do!) The fudge has milk chocolate, German chocolate, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, and the other good stuff found in fudge.

Oh, did I mention it's very chocolaty???

;)

The fudge has milk chocolate, German chocolate, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, and the other good stuff found in fudge.

Oh, be still my heart! No, seriously, remember the cardiac condition! Just thinking about all this chocolate is making my little heart go pitty-pat. Or thumpa-thump. Or something like that. :p

The Sweet TruthHere's one for all you candy lovers out there.

A study reported in the prestigious British Medical Journal suggests that people who regularly eat candy live up to a year longer than those who deprive themselves.

The study looked at the 1998 health records of 7,841 men, who entered Harvard as undergraduates between 1916 and 1950. And it found that people who eat modest amounts of candy bars, from one to three a month, have a 36 percent lower risk of death than those who abstain. The researchers say that antioxidant phenols in the chocolate portion of the candy probably are responsible for the added longevity. They say the amount of phenols in a 1.5-ounce chocolate bar are about the same as in a glass of red wine.

pae1.gif

The party's over. The last morsels of cake have been devoured; there is no ice cream left in the container.

And I am officially one year older. :(

It has been grand having all of you at this surprise party my good friend longtimecruiser threw. :) Thank you all for the good wishes.

Does anyone know if HAL Suites have wi-fi as standard for wireless laptops ? I know they include free binoculars, free laundry service.....

but am curious about computer amenities. Thanks in advance for any responses......

OK Ruth , we need to step up on the amount of chcolate we are eating:D

A Chocoholic Quiz

Who do you think consumes the most chocolates: Americans, the Swiss or the Danes?

Suprisingly, it's the Danes who consume an annual average of 30 pounds per person, according to The Washington Post.

The paper also reports that -- despite their penchant for producing dark chocolate -- the Swiss are second with 22 pounds. And Americans? We consume only 11.7 pounds per person.

I am helping you right now, I have a piece of See's Chocolates right here next to my coffee:D

pae6.gif

Hi Ruth,

I hope you got my E-card, I sent it Wednesday. Since you didn't get last years Thanksgiving card, I wonder if I'm mistaking an underscore for a hyphen in your email address. I used an underscore.

If it didn't arrive, better late than never, Happy Birthday!

GN

Archived