Larger Balconies on the Century

dmk

On the millenium ships, we have a list of larger balconies. If it's not too early, I thought we might be able to start one for the Century.

From what I have read on these boards, corner cabins cc#9243 and #9230 have balconies that fit loungers. SV cabins #1253 and #1246 have balconies of 80sq.ft. SV cabins #1251 and #1244 have balconies of 55 sq. ft.

Any others to add to the list?

From what I've read here, all the Century sky suites on the sports deck (SS12_ _'s) have very large balconies. A few of the front-most ones are odd shaped as can be seen in deck plans, but most are rectangular and 142 sq ft and partially covered. They are big enough for lounge chairs.

Don't all CC balconies fit loungers? I currently have rm 1080 reserved - should I switch????? Any answers would be greatly appreciated since this is my first cruise!

My understanding is that CC class balconies on Century are about 42 sq. ft. I don't think this would accommodate a lounger or, if so, not much else. The SS balconies are supposed to be about 69 sq. ft. on deck 10 and about 142 sq. ft. on deck 12. Maybe some folks who have been in these rooms can give a more definite answer. My information comes from going through the steps of a trial booking at the Celebrity web site + what I've read here.

When Century was in Amsterdam last summer we visited the ship and made photos. Again when the ship was sailing etc.

You can check those photos and see there isnot much difference in balcony seize.

It looks like balconies on the topdeck (Sportsdeck?) are larger.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/Inevd/New%20Century%20sails%20in%20Northseacanal/

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/Inevd/Visit%20on%20board%20Century/

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/Inevd/Century%20at%20cruiseterminal%20Amsterdam/

I recently sailed Century in #1141...a Century Suite, aft on Penthouse deck. Although I forgot my tape measure I can say that the balcony was far larger than the advertised 39sq ft. There were 2 chairs, a small table (not tall enough to have a meal on) and two loungers with at least another 5 feet to spare. The chairs and table were under cover, the loungers and additional room were out in the open with a great view up to the Sunset bar (or a great view down from there lol)

Sky suites on Sports Deck have the large balconies. they have 2 lounge chairs with small table between, a normal table with 2 chairs (large enough to enjoy dinner).

We were in cabin 1210 with the large balcony: Picture below of DH on balcony.

Grama Fran

1859462194_TaquinaTuscaniaItaly-04.jpg.406ea6d1a50d0d06840865afcc9f5174.jpg

Archived