Just got $100 knocked off our cruise!

Top-Cat

Wow, it pays to watch the rates. Was checking on our cruise last night and saw that the rate had gone down $50.00 pp. Called my PVP and she adjusted our faire to reflect the lower price. WOO HOO!:D

Yeah we got it too...Isn't that great. :D Hey, you never know, maybe the price will come down again!!

Topcat...we'll be on the same cruise/sailing (May 6 6N Liberty). I've been watching it for awhile...it dropped three times BEFORE I booked so I don't think it's going down any more than it has. I payed a whopping $825 (taxes & port fees included) for two adults inside gaurantee.

wenocancer2: have you used *****.com? I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet but I sort of compare it to lending tree for cruises. You pick your cruise and travel agents compete for your business. TA's aren't aloud to advertise a rate lower than the cruiseline's website but they are permitted to offer lower rates on an individual bases. (I suppose they sacrifice a percentage of their commission?) Anyhow, I saved about $50 ($25 pp) over what I would have paid had I booked directly and I still retain the option of having the TA refund a lower rate if it comes available before I've finished paying off the balance. I would have saved an even more had I booked an upgraded room. (the more you spend the more you save, right?)

where does everyone continue to check their cruise prices? Do you do it on directly on the Carnival website? Or do you check several places? I always shop around for the best price, but once I've booked, I don't check anymore. I will now!

check prices on carnival site. Agencies will not overprice themselves. If the price comes down your agency price may have come down as well.

Carnival usually wont meet anothers agents prices.

My group prices have come down a few times since we booked. Started at over 500pp now down to less then 400 pp. I am hoping soon they will be paying ME to take the cruise..lol

where does everyone continue to check their cruise prices? Do you do it on directly on the Carnival website? Or do you check several places? I always shop around for the best price, but once I've booked, I don't check anymore. I will now!

it doesn't matter where you check. All websites including Carnivals will show the same prices.

Bill

check prices on carnival site. Agencies will not overprice themselves. If the price comes down your agency price may have come down as well.

Carnival usually wont meet anothers agents prices.

My group prices have come down a few times since we booked. Started at over 500pp now down to less then 400 pp. I am hoping soon they will be paying ME to take the cruise..lol

Serene -- outta curiosity, how is a price reduc tion handled w/ a group. do you get to reap the benefit?

Archived