Will they kick you off

for bringing alcohol in your suitcase or just take it until the end? my mom says the rules state if they catch you with "smuggling" alcohol then they can kick you off...how common is that?

Also, what is the average daily attire for guys? Is it normal for guys to walk around in just swim shorts, no shirt?

No, they don't throw you off! We always supplement our cruise with a fifth or two of our favorite spirits. And so do all of our friends. Just keep it out of plain view in the room. We also bring the iron everytime too!

Swimsuit attire is fine for top deck (pools and casual dining) and obviously going to and from rooms. Not common in shopping areas and bars.

for bringing alcohol in your suitcase or just take it until the end? my mom says the rules state if they catch you with "smuggling" alcohol then they can kick you off...how common is that?

Also, what is the average daily attire for guys? Is it normal for guys to walk around in just swim shorts, no shirt?

Here is the Royal Caribbean policy on alcohol. If you plan on taking it in your luggage it is at your own risk. Some baggage handlers can be quite brutal and the bottles could break.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do

Can I bring my own liquor, beer or wine onboard?

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Vacation Policys. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them

Just got off the Legend. FYI I packed in my luggage a bottle of Jack, 18 pack of Bud Light, 12 Coke, and some snackies.

All made it in one piece to our suite and our cabin steward must of seen it all week as she emptied the beer cans in the garbage. A lot of posters have mentioned that the steward will seize your liquor and beer. Now think about that one. What steward in their right mind would jeopardize their gratuities for the week?

One tip though - Bubble wrap the bottle and put it in a zip lock bag.

We always use an outside company to order gift baskets delivered to our cabin. This way we dont have to worry about it being taken away from the lines or having anything ruined in the luggage. You can also bring along a collapsable cooler (got ours at Walmart) with you and tip your steward a few extra bucks beforehand and he/she will keep the cooler full of ice to keep your drinks cold. Our steward was wonderful with this. If he/she did a good job at the end of the cruise he/she got a nice sized tip. I have never had a problem with having alcohol/beer in my room out in the open.

No, they don't throw you off! We always supplement our cruise with a fifth or two of our favorite spirits. And so do all of our friends. Just keep it out of plain view in the room. We also bring the iron everytime too!

its one thing to bring your favorite spirits on board, because it really does not affect me, but the IRON thing does, its called a fire hazard. People die in fires. When someones illegal actions could have a direct effect on me its time to speak up. I am right for saying this and you are wrong for doing this!!! I know people like you will justify jour actions with some lame excuse, but you are only fooling yourself!

[/color]its one thing to bring your favorite spirits on board, because it really does not affect me, but the IRON thing does, its called a fire hazard. People die in fires. When someones illegal actions could have a direct effect on me its time to speak up. I am right for saying this and you are wrong for doing this!!! I know people like you will justify jour actions with some lame excuse, but you are only fooling yourself!

Thank you Bob...I couldn't have said it better!!!!

I can answer this one:)

On the 13th of Oct Granduer sailing, I had not received two pieces of our luggage after our first seating.

DW called down and inquired, as we had received other pieces.

Person on the phone told me to report to the "principals" office to claim our luggage.

When I went to the assigned room a couple of decks down, an officer was sitting there surrounded by at least 50 pieces of luggage.

There were also passangers coming and going.

I told him my name and cabin #, he looked it up on a piece of paper, told me to remove the bottles, logged them in, said I would receive them at the end of the cruise, informed me that the luggage would be re-xrayed and sent to the room.

20 minutes later, the luggage arrived.

If he would have kicked me off the ship, I'd still be swimming.

Will I try it again? Probably:)

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with bringing a bottle on board with you. We enjoy our balcony and enjoy a drink before dinner watching the sunset and then a night cap before going to bed. I must add that I still do buy alchoholic drinks as my sea pass account can attest too!

I do agree however that an iron is a different matter. I don't think I would consider taking one. I use the pressing service on board if something really needs it.

All said, If I was security, I would be worried more about irons and candles rather than a bottle of booze!!

[/color]its one thing to bring your favorite spirits on board, because it really does not affect me, but the IRON thing does, its called a fire hazard. People die in fires. When someones illegal actions could have a direct effect on me its time to speak up. I am right for saying this and you are wrong for doing this!!! I know people like you will justify jour actions with some lame excuse, but you are only fooling yourself!

I could not agree more. If I know of or even overhear anyone with and iron on board I will tell secrrity in a flash.

I could not agree more. If I know of or even overhear anyone with and iron on board I will tell secrrity in a flash.

Count me in on this one. Booze, okay if you can get away with it.

But no irons. Irons present a real danger of fire, and fire at sea is a danger to everyone. Leave the iron home.

i have a cute little steam iron, i fill it with water and it just shoots steam. you just hang your clothes up and hold the steamer up to the fabric and bingo! no wrinkles! do any of you think that presents a fire hazard? i will not bring it if it is not safe.

it spews steam until it is unplugged, i am sure it would never get left on.

feedback anyone?

i have a cute little steam iron, i fill it with water and it just shoots steam. you just hang your clothes up and hold the steamer up to the fabric and bingo! no wrinkles! do any of you think that presents a fire hazard? i will not bring it if it is not safe.

it spews steam until it is unplugged, i am sure it would never get left on.

feedback anyone?

Steamers and Curling Irons are fine. Irons for your clothes are not allowed.

Archived