specialty restauarant confirmation?

skyview851

We leave for our Century cruise in 2 weeks. I called captains club last week to make reservations for Muranos. The rather dull person I spoke with said that he would forward our request to "them" and that I would get an email confirmation if reservations were granted. He could not tell me when to expect an email, nor could he tell me which night I would be given reservations for. Apparently, you cannot request a specific night, you have to take your chances? What if I get reservations for a night that doesn't suit to dine in Murano's? Do I have a snowballs chance in .... switching the nights after we board? With this type of arrangement, I'm not sure what you gain by making reservations ahead of time. Thanks for any ifo anyone can provide.

We leave for our Century cruise in 2 weeks. I called captains club last week to make reservations for Muranos. The rather dull person I spoke with said that he would forward our request to "them" and that I would get an email confirmation if reservations were granted. He could not tell me when to expect an email, nor could he tell me which night I would be given reservations for. Apparently, you cannot request a specific night, you have to take your chances? What if I get reservations for a night that doesn't suit to dine in Murano's? Do I have a snowballs chance in .... switching the nights after we board? With this type of arrangement, I'm not sure what you gain by making reservations ahead of time. Thanks for any ifo anyone can provide.

This is truly a hole in the CC operation. When we tried to book Murano for our 11/27 cruise, they could confirm nothing on the phone (except for the day which they don't seem to be willing to do for you). Then, we received an email about 10 days later (20 days before cruising) saying that our time requested was "not available" and to call again and request a different time, which we did. They then confirmed that time about a week later. Not the smoothest of operations by any means. And no, I would NOT hope to switch onboard unless you are early on and at the Murano reservations desk ASAP. It fills quickly and there is a long waiting list.

This sounds strange because we are on the 1/29 Constellation and I called the Captains Club number about a month ago and they basically told me the same thing. Just today I got my confirmation. I am thinking that the person in the Captains Club is the key because if they do what they say they will then it gets into the system right away.

I would call again and ask for a supervisor to actually look at the time it was entered.

Good luck

I called the Captain's Club for reservations at the specialty restaurant on the Summit.(Feb.3 sailing) I gave my requested time and also an alternative time. Within 2 days, I got a response from Nancy Bates at the Captain's Club with a confirmation, and also a confirmation of day, time, and a res.#. My original reauest was honored too.

I called the Captain's Club for reservations at the specialty restaurant on the Summit.(Feb.3 sailing) I gave my requested time and also an alternative time. Within 2 days, I got a response from Nancy Bates at the Captain's Club with a confirmation, and also a confirmation of day, time, and a res.#. My original reauest was honored too.

I had called Captains Club 60 days prior to my 12/8 Constellation cruise and I received a confirmation by e mail a day or two later that we had gotten our first choice. We were asked for a second choice of date and time.

Thanks everyone! I called back & asked to speak to a supervisor, who was able to confirm that we do have a reservation request, and he indicated that I should receive an email no later than close of business Tuesday. I hope that this was an isolated incident with captains club, I have always been pleased with the way they have handled calls in the past.

After spending lots & lots of time with Captain's Club, to get Normandie reservations & getting an email confirmation- when we got on board none of the reservations were there. Found out the first night we arrived for dinner. Next time I think I will not even bother and just head to the on board reservations. I agree that this is a big mess & if they really can't offer the convience of setting up these reservations pre cruise, they shouldn't say they do. Meg

We are on the Feb 11 Millie cruise and I called Captains Club 60 days ahead, giving my preferred date and an alternate for the Olympic. I got an e-mail a few days later confirming my preferred date, etc. Apparently Capatins Club and reservations are two different departments, but they do seem to communicate. I would hope that your experience was an aberration.

Dan & Judy

As a Captain's Club member, I always call 60 days prior and have never had a problem. I did the same for my upcoming Century Cruise. I just got an email telling me they were not able to accomodate me at the time I had requested and offered 2 other times. Not such a big deal but I was surprised.

So I contacted the CC and asked what the problem was. They said they were full. I said that I found it strange that they were full 60 days out and that I was an Elite member. She replied they are usually overrun on the 60 days pre cruise.

I still found it odd. It has never happened before.

Archived