What is the Refer a Friend Program?

sbmizzou

I am about to book a cruise with Princess. We will be booking three rooms. While I have not been on Princess before, I do have friends that have been on multiple times. I am curious if it would be advantageous for them to refer me to Princess. I have searched the boards and the Princess web page, and it does not tell me how the program works.

Does anyone know how it works? How much do you get. Can they refer me over the phone? If it is a cruise credit, can I use it with anyone TA I want? How long does it take to get the credit?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, Any travel agent can use that. Actually, the credit of $25 pp ($50 per cabin) will appear in your account so there's really nothing a travel agent has to do other than verify the credit with Princess once it's booked. Also, if the people referring you are taking the same cruise, the credit will apply to that cruise invoice for both parties. The referral can be done either online or snail mail. There's complete info on the Princess website, but I think you need to first create a login to see it. Here it is cut and pasted. Hope this helps!

Princess Captain’s Circle Members who meet the following criteria are eligible to sign up referrals to Princess with the Referral Rewards program:

• You must be at least 18 years old, and be a resident of the US or Canada.

• Travel Agents, Employees of Princess and/or the Carnival Corporation, and non - Princess Captain Circle Members are not eligible to refer customers to Princess.

• Referral Rewards is our way of recognizing you for bringing new customers to Princess. To qualify as a new customer, your referral must not have previously booked and cancelled, sailed or be currently booked with Princess, must be over 18 years of age, and must not have been referred by another Member. You may not refer an individual with whom you do not have a personal relationship.

Your referral has 24 months in which to sail before their reward expires. You will have 48 months from the date of referral in which to use your reward.

See Terms and Conditions >>

What is so great about Referral Rewards with Princess is that not only do you earn rewards, but you get to share them with your referrals! Here’s how it works:

You can refer up to two people in a household. They will each receive a $25 discount off their first Princess cruise. After they sail, you will also receive $25 for each of those referrals, up to $50 maximum for the new household you have brought to Princess. You need not travel together. Referral Rewards will not be applicable to certain fares such as Travel Agent, Interline, Corporate Affiliate and Friends & Family rates.

There are two ways to refer new customers to Princess By Email

We have created a simple email to send to your referrals highlighting the benefits of Referral Rewards. Simply provide their name and email address and we will send them an email within one hour. Your referral must follow the instructions in the email and register at princess.com to qualify for Referral Rewards.

In order for your referral to secure their $25 discount, they will use the link provided in the Referral Email to visit and register at www.princess.com. A second member of the household will also be eligible to use the same link in order to secure a $25 discount off their first Princess cruise.

For each of the (up to 2) members of this new household who use the email link to register to princess.com, you will receive a $25 discount, which will be deposited in your Circle Savings Account. Your credit will become active when your referral sails – the only exception to this will be if you and your referral choose to sail together. Your referee’s credit will be immediately active upon registration at princess.com.

By Mail

Complete all you referral's contact information, and we will process their referral immediately by mail.

Provided that your referral has not previously booked and cancelled, sailed nor currently is booked with Princess, you will be awarded a $25 discount for each of up to two members of each new household you refer to Princess. This discount will be pending your referrals sailing with Princess. Once they sail, you may use your discount for a future voyage. The exception to this rule is if you and your referral choose to sail together, in which case you will be able to use your discount on that voyage.

Please note that your referral must be made prior to your friend or relative booking their cruise.

We actually just did this as we FINALLY convinced our friends to take a cruise with us. It sounds pretty complicated, but it really wasn't. The only thing to remember is after whomever is being referred receives the confirmation letter, the referer needs to bring it along when booking the next cruise or you won't get the credit. It isn't applied until then.

Cheers and enjoy Princess!

Charlie

We actually just did this as we FINALLY convinced our friends to take a cruise with us. It sounds pretty complicated, but it really wasn't. The only thing to remember is after whomever is being referred receives the confirmation letter, the referer needs to bring it along when booking the next cruise or you won't get the credit. It isn't applied until then.

Cheers and enjoy Princess!

Charlie

I just referred 5 people for our next trip and the TA was able to see all of the referrals online, there was no need to have the actual letter.

Archived