Is that the Rhapsody on the Galveston site

Gingee

I just looked at the port cam for Galveston. Is that the Rhapsody that is shown in the picture or some other ship? I can't tell.

Carnival ships are easy to tell, they're the ones with the red smokestacks.

Right now (noon CST) you can see Rhapsody's shadow on the water behind Conquest.

About 20 minutes after the Conquest or Rhapsody sail, you can get a beautiful, self updating view of them sailing by Seawolf park in Galveston.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/seawolf/home.htm

It will be about 20 to 30 minutes after they leave the pier. Sometime, the webcam owner pans the camera so you can follow them all the way down the channel and after they make the turn around the point out to sea.

I usually jump the magnification on the page to 200% for a very good view. We will be on the Rhapsody on 01/07/2007 and will wave as I go by. :)

Since they got to port late, does that mean that they sail away late? I thought Conquest was supposed to leave at 4:00 and if I am not mistaken (which I very well could be), I thought that Conquest is still showing to be sitting at the Galveston port.

Thanks,

Misti

Conquest is scheduled for 1630 and Rhapsody for 1700. Conquest is already a little late. She hasn't even started her engines, and they usually do that about 10-15 minutes before sailing.

Hypo

Okay, I am sure that this is going to be a dumb question, but here goes...how can you tell that Conquest hasn't started their engines?:confused:

I am assuming because there is not any churning water, maybe?

No smoke from her stacks, when they start them they really smoke for a couple of minutes. Also, the passenger gangway is still in place, they lower it (angle it down) just before they are ready to go. :)

Hypo

You are so right!! I will probably miss seeing her go pass Seawolf, as we have to go to our neighbors house for dinner at 6, so I will take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year and will see everyone on CC tomorrow.

Hypo

Archived