Already Did The Baths...what Else Is There To Do?

Elaine515

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation - was just at the Baths in Nov. after having an excursion there canceled due to sea conditions when booked w/Patouche last March. (They took us to snorkeling sites around Peter and Norman Is., etc., instead. Nice trip!) Our ship offers a trip over to Jost Van Dyke. Since my dh will be diving, I might do JVD. There's mostly just a beach there and 2 well known bars (Soggy Dollar and I have forgotten the other one!)

There's more than "just a beach there and 2 well known bars" on JVD. The beach at White Bay is beautiful and not only is the Soggy Dollar Bar there, but also, Seddy's and Ivan's. Seddy loves to entertain his crowd with magic tricks and Ivan's is the prefered hang out of country music star, Kenny Chesney. There is also the Sand Dollar, a small resort of which the Soggy Dollar is part. White Bay can be very busy at times.

In Great Harbor is the famous Foxy's as well as some good restaurants including Corsair's which is very good. There is also a small grocery, a church and the Customs House, as this is a community where a lot of the islands few residents live.

In Little Harbor is Sidney's Peace and Love restaurant as well as some more residents and at Diamond Point at East End is Foxy's Taboo restaurant and bar and the Bubbly Pool. There are some nice rental villas here too.

If you're into hiking there are trails in the hills where you can get some photos that most visitors don't.

Was in Tortola and took the ship sponsored tour to the Baths and loved it BUT ... this time we want to do something different... SUGGESTIONS PLEASE......

Oh, and none of us are snorkelers...

Thnx....

Hi, I see that you took a ship sponsored tour of the Baths. Did you do it through Carnival? If so, can you please tell me how it was. I posted another thread on this but nobody answered me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I see that you took a ship sponsored tour of the Baths. Did you do it through Carnival? If so, can you please tell me how it was. I posted another thread on this but nobody answered me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. :)

It was one of the best tours we have even taken. I need to tell you that we usually stay far away from ship booked tours so it must have been good...

The ferry ride over and back was about an hour (we all slept on the way back!!), but it wasn't overcrowded at all. There was a small hole in the all that you could purchase snacks and soda from both ways. The only reason we booked with Carnival was because of the timing we couldnt have taken the ferry there and back, the timing was off. But the Baths is an absolute must see and this tour was well worth it.

So, if you feel better booking with Carnival, YES, I would definitely recommend it... :)

It was one of the best tours we have even taken. I need to tell you that we usually stay far away from ship booked tours so it must have been good...

The ferry ride over and back was about an hour (we all slept on the way back!!), but it wasn't overcrowded at all. There was a small hole in the all that you could purchase snacks and soda from both ways. The only reason we booked with Carnival was because of the timing we couldnt have taken the ferry there and back, the timing was off. But the Baths is an absolute must see and this tour was well worth it.

So, if you feel better booking with Carnival, YES, I would definitely recommend it... :)

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that the Carnival Baths excursion was a success. We booked it and are really looking forward to going. :)

Archived