Cruising is WAY too expensive!

ckrobyn

Check out the price for a balcony cabin for a 9 night cruise...:eek:

Ship Name: Grandeur Of The Seas

Departure Port: Baltimore, Maryland

Ports of Call: Baltimore, Maryland; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Samana, Dominican Republic; Labadee, Haiti; Baltimore, Maryland

2007 Date(s): Oct 05 , Oct 19 , Nov 02 , Nov 16

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $919.00 $1,119.00 $112,229.00 $2,239.00

My solution to this problem is to book about a month or so before sailing date. Especially in the off season. Those prices will be much lower at that time compared to now.

My solution to this problem is to book about a month or so before sailing date. Especially in the off season. Those prices will be much lower at that time compared to now.

I doubt you´ll be lucky on this particular one. I bet thóse room will be gone in a heartbeat at a price of $200,356:D :D

I doubt you´ll be lucky on this particular one. I bet thóse room will be gone in a heartbeat at a price of $200,356:D :D

If I'm paying that price I would at least expect an upgrade and possibly a Captain's table invite. :D

If I'm paying that price I would at least expect an upgrade and possibly a Captain's table invite.

Upgrade to what:confused: , there´s no more expensive room on the ship,

bigger like the RS -- Yes, but the RS is only less than lousy $10,000:rolleyes: :eek:

Who would sleep in a cabin that is $190,000 less in price than what one paid:p even if it´s that much bigger.:rolleyes:

Rose, I hope you enjoyed the Radiance. We're going on it next week and sooooo looking forward to it.

Hi Pepsi:

Yes, DH and I had a nice time. Our 14 y/o son enjoyed it "okay" but loves the Mariner best!

Captain Richard Brearley and Hotel Director Roger Jackson really cut up ALOT! They are so funny! They obviously love what they do and seem to always do it with a laugh! Kieron Buffery the Cruise Director does a fantastic job as well.

We found the Activities Crew to be extra special aboard this ship, they were very hard-working and easy to get to know. Look for Mica (Michael) from Australia and fresh off working aboard the Freedom Flo-Rider! He is so outgoing and enthusiastic! Dan from the U.K. was formerly a dancer before an injury crushed that career. He's a bit more reserved but easy going & friendly too. We try to participate in the Morning & Afternoon Stretch / Walks to earn our ShipShape dollars. I sit here with my ShipShape Tshirt on! If you see Mica or Dan, tell them Rose & Russ say "hi". We sailed Dec. 17th.

I know you'll love it.....wish I were going back!

Happy New Year!

Rose

Where do you get $200,356.00 from? The price is only $112,229.00!!! Herein lies the problems with these boards - people exaggerate and the next thing you know the people that come to these boards looking for information choose not to cruise. IMHO:D :rolleyes: :D

In the fine print RCCL says that you can bring on all of the wine, beer, and liquor that you want. There will be no corkage fees, and a personal bartender will be provided 24/7 to mix your favorite drinks. (Gratuities not included, an automatic 15% gratuity will be added based on the booking price for this cabin):eek:

Hypo

Check out the price for a balcony cabin for a 9 night cruise...:eek:

Ship Name: Grandeur Of The Seas

Departure Port: Baltimore, Maryland

Ports of Call: Baltimore, Maryland; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Samana, Dominican Republic; Labadee, Haiti; Baltimore, Maryland

Deluxe & Suite[/url] $919.00 $1,119.00 $112,229.00 $2,239.00

Everyone, calm down just remember this is the "in state" rate for Maryland. You all know that the Grandeur sails from Baltimore "full" and that residents are the first to be bumped. Well for this price RCL guarantees "no bumping"

Ha! Ha! Happy New Year.

Everyone, calm down just remember this is the "in state" rate for Maryland. You all know that the Grandeur sails from Baltimore "full" and that residents are the first to be bumped. Well for this price RCL guarantees "no bumping"

Ha! Ha! Happy New Year.

But doesn't the Grandeur only sail full because RCI has a cabin sale three days before the cruise where all the "locals" buy up all the emplty cabins at a bargain rate and then take over the ship? I hear there are people from Baltimaore all over the ship using the elevators, making people have to wait in lines at the buffet, and behaving in a very lively manner in the lounges at night. Oh yeah, they even take up deck chairs by the pool!:eek: :D :D

Archived