Not a cruise question

vic from vic

Last year hubby and I stopped on Barbados during our Destiny cruise. We liked it sooooo much, we are going to spend two weeks there this year. I know the typical things to do - like Boatyard, Bathsheba and the Distilleries, but what are some of the other "don't miss" sights? Or maybe the non tourist places? We are very keen on trying local restaurants so any help on this would be great too!

• 2 weeks later...
Last year hubby and I stopped on Barbados during our Destiny cruise. We liked it sooooo much, we are going to spend two weeks there this year. I know the typical things to do - like Boatyard, Bathsheba and the Distilleries, but what are some of the other "don't miss" sights? Or maybe the non tourist places? We are very keen on trying local restaurants so any help on this would be great too!

We are doing the same. Their's a neat small pocket sized book called 'Barbados Directions'. 10.99US. That'll answer all your questions stated above. Have a safe, wonderful vacation.

Also you can get it at: http://www.roughguides.com

My fovrites are Drive to bathsheba. East Coast. Visit St. Johns Church. ( great view of the East coast and the Atlantic Ocean.) Bar Hop in st lawerence Gap. Do a west coast cruise with jolly roger or one of the cats. Try different beaches. Oistins Fish fry on a Friday night. (go early)

My fovrites are Drive to bathsheba. East Coast. Visit St. Johns Church. ( great view of the East coast and the Atlantic Ocean.) Bar Hop in st lawerence Gap. Do a west coast cruise with jolly roger or one of the cats. Try different beaches. Oistins Fish fry on a Friday night. (go early)

Thanks for the info. :D

When you say "go early", how early does that mean?

underwayatlast, thanks for the info on the book. I'll definitely check into that and hopefully we have time to order it (going Feb 10 to be there for Valentine day! ;) )

I usually go around 6.30 to 7 pm. It's outdoors next to the fish market. The fish comes straight from the days catch and is cooked on site. One of our favourite bars is Cafe SOL in St lawrance gap, great margaritas and a happy hour around 6.pm. Have fun we will be there for another two weeks during July August for Kadoomant. (Thats the Bajan Carnival) Only about a 40min flight for us so we do spend alot of time there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm putting in a 2nd vote for St. Lawrence Gap or just the 'Gap' as it's referred as.

My husband & I stayed at the Yellowbird at one end of the Gap and between all of the restaurants/bars there is generally one of them that is having a happy hour at any given time.

Some of the bars may have a cover charge later in the evening but ask what it includes - We went to one bar and there was a cover of $10US for the men - ladies were free - but the cover included 2 for 1 beer and a free Smirnoff Ice cooler - it was still a great deal.

We also did an island tour and the east coast was beautiful - but keep in mind that you can't swim there - very rough.

Archived