To Anyone Who's Stayed In An Aft Balcony Cabin....

criuisingurl079

I'm stoked abotu Baja 754 Aft cabin on the CB come this July...If you could get a corner aft, I hear you get best of both worlds (side and aft views) and only one cabin next to you.

I'm also very interested about "Fan noise" as well with cabins on the Baja deck...

I'm also bringing Duct tape to seal any cracks and crevices as well.

When I book an aft balcony I state NO UPGRADES. Not even to a mini suite. No thank you .

That's what I did based on what everyone was saying. Now I have a fear that they will upgrade me without my knowledge...when I don't want to. It is marked as no upgrades. I just need to relax. :D

When I book an aft balcony I state NO UPGRADES. Not even to a mini suite. No thank you .

That's what I did based on what everyone was saying. Now I have a fear that they will upgrade me without my knowledge...when I don't want to. It is marked as no upgrades. I just need to relax. :D

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess in B755. Second cabin from the exhaust. The positives were huge balcony, great views and two loungers. The negative was the exhaust noise. Add that to the sound of the wake and we had to practically yell to hear one another. Our neighbors next door (right next to the exhaust) were not happy. Their balcony was not only loud but there was a big draft that came under the partition. They tried to move but unfortunately the ship was full.

I would try and stear clear of the cabins on either side of the exhaust. Go for one (or more) away from it.

Enjoy!

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess in B755. Second cabin from the exhaust. The positives were huge balcony, great views and two loungers. The negative was the exhaust noise. Add that to the sound of the wake and we had to practically yell to hear one another. Our neighbors next door (right next to the exhaust) were not happy. Their balcony was not only loud but there was a big draft that came under the partition. They tried to move but unfortunately the ship was full.

I would try and stear clear of the cabins on either side of the exhaust. Go for one (or more) away from it.

Enjoy!

So should we gpo with B754? Or even further left?

I just went to the deck plan. You are in 754? That is exactly the same cabin just different (port) side than us. Ideally you want to be slightly further away.

Up to you.

I'm a bit worried now-- I called and the only one left is your old cabin b755 and then the one I'm in- should we keep or change rooms to another place on the ship?

JanMD, which aft cabin did you stay in on your cruise on the Crown in November? I'm looking for some feedback as to the exhaust fan noise in this thread. I have C749 booked but may change that based on this noise situation. Thanks.

JanMD, which aft cabin did you stay in on your cruise on the Crown in November? I'm looking for some feedback as to the exhaust fan noise in this thread. I have C749 booked but may change that based on this noise situation. Thanks.

This is the one all the way at the end so you should be fine!:rolleyes: Wish I could get that one!

We just booked our first aft balcony because of what I have read on these boards, and from walking around the decks on the Start in December, just seems like not may people make their way to the back of the ship. I have C752, which is port side on the end. Anybody have any comments on the cabin?

We just booked our first aft balcony because of what I have read on these boards, and from walking around the decks on the Start in December, just seems like not may people make their way to the back of the ship. I have C752, which is port side on the end. Anybody have any comments on the cabin?

google.com - in the search type in Princess C752 OR Princess C753 and see lots of information

cruiseclues.com is another source as is webshots.com

I have C753 on the Caribbean Princess next month

I would weigh the pros and cons. What is important to you? If you want complete serenity on your balcony, this is not the location for you.

After a while, the noise seems to blend in with nature. It is very noticeable when you first step foot outside and also when you try and communicate with others on your balcony.

The exhaust noise is constant. Obviously the wake noise is only when you are cruising.

Have you had an aft balcony before? They're great and not much traffic back there.

We had an Aft balcony on Celebrity's Constellation last fall on a TA. The balcony was huge. In fact, it was bigger than the cabin.

Go to http://www.memberg.com/TA2006 to see the best of our pics. Including our balcony.

We have booked C753 on the STAR Princess Med/TA for this December and can't wait to be on board. :)

Archived