Booking excursion w/Lawrence

litlman

It's not to early, our cruise isn't until 10/30 and I booked our tour back in March as soon as I found out about him on these boards. I just have to email him a reminder in Oct, but I'll probably do it now & then again in Oct. don't want to lose our spot.

I have also confirmed with him for our tour - which we will be in Antigua Feb 2nd. He also told me he would get back to me in Jan with pickup time etc...he has been very good with replys. Looking forward to his tour. I will probably get back with him early Jan - just to reconfirm our tour etc...he seems to be very professional - reliable. Will let everyone know after our experience with him - feedback from previous cruisers have been excellent!

• 10 months later...

How early is too early to book with Lawrence???? Believe it or not we have a group booked for Feb of 2007! :D

Maybe this way we will be assured that Lawrence will be our driver.

I was also wondering, if there is only a group of 6-8 for his van, does he try to cram in a few more people, that you may not even know? We would really just like to have the van to ourselves so we can spread out. We also may have a person who uses a wheelchair.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with using a wheelchair for this tour?

How early is too early to book with Lawrence???? Believe it or not we have a group booked for Feb of 2007! :D

I was also wondering, if there is only a group of 6-8 for his van, does he try to cram in a few more people, that you may not even know? We would really just like to have the van to ourselves so we can spread out. We also may have a person who uses a wheelchair.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with using a wheelchair for this tour?

I will past this info on to him. I would think 6-8 eight would be plenty for him. We had a group of 6 and that was all he took. His van is not that big where 8 people would fit that well. But it can be done.

Question do you have 8 people which includes the wheelchair person?

From Lawrence:

I do take folks in wheel chair.Nothing wrong in booking early,what I want to make clear to person,my tours are group tour,so if it is just two -four person etc.As long as I have other request for that day,they will be joining.

Lawrence of Antigua.

• 2 weeks later...

When you corresepond with Lawrence, ask him whether he needs anything from the mainland -- some things are amazingly expensive in Antigua --e.g. listerine toothpaste !!; amorall; zip lock bags, etc. You'd be doing him a favor by bartering a little

• 3 weeks later...
When you corresepond with Lawrence, ask him whether he needs anything from the mainland -- some things are amazingly expensive in Antigua --e.g. listerine toothpaste !!; amorall; zip lock bags, etc. You'd be doing him a favor by bartering a little

Talking to Lawrence yesterday he would like to tone down in getting things brought to him or making this public info. He doesn't want to give people the wrong idea. He is grateful in the gifts that are brought to him. But would rather not make this a issue. Besides how many tubes of toothpaste can one man use and it's hard to pay bills with it:D .

Hope you understand.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Grumpy8

Thanks for the email address....I booked my family for Nov....I know they will have the best tour possible with Lawrence.

Glad to help. Check out the little Pineapples when you are there. Tasty !!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had trouble getting a reply from Lawrence? I emailed him a week ago (Sunday 14th) asking for details and price of his tour for our cruise in September, but have not received any reply until now....

-jani

Sometimes Lawrence has problems with his email. If you don't hear from him within the next couple of days - try sending another email.

He was to be back in Antigua today. He has been on vaction in the states for the pass month. But he was checking his email when he could.

So I would think he would get back to you soon.

Has anyone else had trouble getting a reply from Lawrence? I emailed him a week ago (Sunday 14th) asking for details and price of his tour for our cruise in September, but have not received any reply until now....

-jani

I just heard from him this morning. He should be contacting you.

Grumpy,

How have you been in contact with him? I've not received any reply yet (and I did send the mail again just in case)... It's been over 10 days now, I guess will have to soon book one of the cruiline's excursions instead.

-jani

Lawrence of Antiqua is FABULOUS!!! He took the four of us on a wonderful day tour and we learned so much about Antigua. We took him a cooler which he needed for tours. His van is very comfortable and you will love him. We need to find him a wife. Ha.

Not too early to book. I have already booked all drivers for our Med. cruise in Oct. 2006. One I wanted was already taken so I quickly booked the others.

Would love to see Lawrence again and will if and when we get back to Antiqua. Myra

Archived