Luggage Tags at the Pier in Miami

We are going on NOS this Saturday from Miami. This is our first cruise with e-docs and without the "normal" cruise documents. As we have left out of Miami before and we know how hectic checking in luggage is to begin with, we are somewhat skeptical that the porters will be able to get us the appropriate luggage tags without some sort of mix-up or problem. However, I have not seen any complaints about this on the message boards so it must be ok. Can anyone reassure me??

We too just experienced our first cruise with e-docs even though I remember clicking on the part that said email my docs to me.

We had no problem at Miami in December with not having pre-printed tags. When we got out of the cab, we went to the first porter we saw and he used a magic marker to write our cabin number on a blank tag and put one on each of our bags. We watched to make sure he got the cabin number right and before we knew it, we were onboard and our luggage showed up in our cabin while we were still eating lunch in the WJ.

We were just apprehensive because it was new to us too.

Just make sure to stay with your bags until the proper tags are affixed! (Tip the porter!)

Just go and have a great time!

You're not missing a thing by not having paper docs--everything that is in them was in your cruise brochure!

Talking of luggage tags, does anyone know whether you can drop your bags with the porter and get back in your cab to go back into Miami?

We have in mind taking a cab from our hotel to the port (although we are sailing with X I am sure the principle is the same) and depending whether the queues are long etc we were thinking of leaving our bags and having a wander round the Bayside area.

Archived