Does anyone give a gift to their TA?

Gingee

Our TA is a busy lady and has lots of customers. I think if we all were to bring her a gift or souvenior that her office and home would be full. We make a point of speaking to her after the trip and thank her. She asks us for information she can pass on to others about where we have been. The good and a few times things we didn't enjoy. We have been using this TA for a number of years and are very happy with her and I hope she is with us.

you are so right about that: BTW, I notice on your profile you have the name of your company or the location whatever listed: I think that is against the policy of CC. Just an FYI.

I have gone over that with different moderators tme and time again. Here is what the guidelines say:

" Travel agents (and their associates, employees or designated representative) are encouraged to participate in the discussions on the Cruise Board and establish themselves as experts on a particular topic by responding to members' inquiries with useful answers.

In doing so, you are welcome to sign your name and note your professional business. You may not use your business name as your Cruise Critic user name. You may not list your phone number, business location (city or state), web site address, contact info or e-mail address. You may not include your location and/or website address in your Cruise Critic profile. Responding to member's inquiries on the boards with an ad for your services is not allowed. Only items of a general nature may be discussed on the forums by any travel agent.

Cruise Critic considers requests to be E-mailed for additional information as soliciting and will return those postings to any travel agent trying to sell or promote themselves on Cruise Critic. Additionally, attempts to circumvent our rules may result in your company name being censored from our forums."

I sign my name with my real name, my credentials and my professional business. My location, community and state, is not listed and neither is my emaill address or web site. I have been told that it is within the guidelines. There is no advertising whatsoever within my profile or my signature. There are TA's here that have their location in their profiles and don't publicize that they are in the business in their signatures.

I have gone over that with different moderators tme and time again. Here is what the guidelines say:

" Travel agents (and their associates, employees or designated representative) are encouraged to participate in the discussions on the Cruise Board and establish themselves as experts on a particular topic by responding to members' inquiries with useful answers.

In doing so, you are welcome to sign your name and note your professional business. You may not use your business name as your Cruise Critic user name. You may not list your phone number, business location (city or state), web site address, contact info or e-mail address. You may not include your location and/or website address in your Cruise Critic profile. Responding to member's inquiries on the boards with an ad for your services is not allowed. Only items of a general nature may be discussed on the forums by any travel agent.

Cruise Critic considers requests to be E-mailed for additional information as soliciting and will return those postings to any travel agent trying to sell or promote themselves on Cruise Critic. Additionally, attempts to circumvent our rules may result in your company name being censored from our forums."

I sign my name with my real name, my credentials and my professional business. My location, community and state, is not listed and neither is my emaill address or web site. I have been told that it is within the guidelines. There is no advertising whatsoever within my profile or my signature. There are TA's here that have their location in their profiles and don't publicize that they are in the business in their signatures.

Sorry, I do apologize, I just didn't want someone else to come down hard on you or get the cc police after you. Again, I am sorry. NMNita

Archived