Rhapsody seating question

Gingee

We are due on the Rhapsody in May. I was wondering if anyone has ever requested that they be seated at another table with another family with kids their age? My daughter isn't a kid but she will turn l9 on our cruise. She is too old for the teen room so I am not sure how she will meet kids. I was thinking of requesting a table with another family that has maybe a girl around that age? Do you think this is possible and if so, when would I do this?

For the most part, they do try and seat "like" groups together. At least, that's been our experience--we've never been seated with a family with children, since we travel without kids. Or maybe we've just gotten lucky and had some really great tablemates!

I'd be willing to bet that your daughter will make a bunch of new friends, with or without them being at your table--there's always the pool where the girls hang out--(and the guys, of course!)

We're traveling in March, 2 weeks after my daughter will be turning 18. It will be the first year she won't be able to participate in the kids groups, so we've been talking about what she will do to meet others her age. One of the places she'll be hanging out is the rock wall since it's someting she's always enjoyed. You might keep an eye on the boards for your cruise for others traveling with teens and sign up for the M&M.

I agree, she will have no problem meeting 'kids' her own age...if she is outgoing and willing to say 'hi' to someone, she'll do fine...(depending on your view, remember to talk to her about the 'club scene' and wether that is allowed or not, b/c at 18 she will be allowed into the disco):)

Keep checking out the forum for your cruise. If you find a family with children around your daughter's age, you can request to be seated together. You may need their reservation number.

When are you sailing? I'll be on the 5/13 cruise with my 23 year old daughter. She doesn't drink at all (and, no, she's not just telling me this, she really doesn't drink) and is still in grad school.

They usually have a gathering for 18 - 25 yo early in the cruise. Look in your daily Compass. Our daughter said that sometimes it's fun and other times it's lame. It depends on who shows up and how outgoing they are.

The questions you answer on checkin (either online or at the pier) concern the ages of the travellers, the professions of the adults, etc. The Maitre' D then takes all that information, as well as the table size requested, and tries to put people in similar age groups and professions together so that the empty nesters aren't dining with children, CEO's aren't dining with bus drivers or something. (Please understand that I am in no way trying to put anybody down! My husband and all my brothers are blue collar. I'm simply stating that they try to put people from similar circumstances together in order to foster better conversation. People of similar eduction, profession, age, etc., simply find it easier to find things to discuss than people who have absolutely nothing in common. My husband hates the dining room anyway, but if they put us with a bunch of corporate types, or a couple with a bunch of kids, he would definitely not be seen in there again.

Oh, and if you are ever dissatisfied with your seating arrangements for ANY reason, whether it be with your table mates, the location, the waiter, whatever, go see the Maitre' D to request a change.

She is hesitant about finding friends since she can't go in the teen club. She doesn't have problems finding friends (boy or girls) but I am afraid that she may find too old of "kids". This will be the first time since she was able to go in the teen clubs. I felt safer that way.

Archived