Valor western

volfan22701

This was my favorite cruise so far. We usually don't book any ship excursions. Arranged for them in port.

Grand Cayman - stingrays -- you can book ahead (see ports board for recommendations) or get a local tour person in the port.

Cozumel - tons to do. Tulum/Mayan Ruins (booked this thru Carnival bc it was an all day thing); beaches (pick one!); dolphins (can do thru Carnival or book privately -- we're doing this in Feb 07)

Roatan - we hired a local tour person in the port; took us to the beach NEXT to where the Carnival excursion went; also got great history info.

Belize - we signed up for something in the port area once we got there; catamaran to a deserted Cay; snorkling too for those who didn't have small children. Most amazing day ever.

Best info for all this is really on ports boards.

Re: dock vs. tender -- I haven't looked on Carnival bc my next cruise is on RCCL; on RCCL web site, it indicates if you are docking or tendering.

Hope this helps!

Grand Cayman and Belize are both tender ports. You could possibly tender in Roatan, according to how many ships are in port with you that day. If you go to cruisecal.com you can find out how many ships are in port with you at each port by plugging in the date of your cruise.

Have a great time. We just got off the Valor Dec. 3 on the western itinerary and are booked to do another western on Valor in April.:)

Dianne

We did the Valor Western in 2005 and had a blast. We booked the combination tour in Grand Cayman (Turtle Farm, Village of Hell and Stingray Sandbar). The kids had a blast being able to pick up the turtles and petting and kissing the stingrays. In Belize we did the zoo and that was great to see animals you don't normally get to see in the US (we did this primarily for our kids). This is a great itenery. In Grand Cayman and Belize you will be tendered in.....not sure about the other ports. When we went we docked in Rotan. Have a great time on this wonderful ship.

We did the Valor Western last June/July and had a great time. Here is what we did at each port.

Grand Cayman: We booked the Ray, Reef, and Rum Point tour with Nativeway. The link is for a better review with pictures than I could give. On our tour there were only two other couples so it was almost like a private tour.

Roatan: We booked horseback riding, that thread has links to some reviews and pictures.

Belize: We went cave tubing with Yhony..... just look at the Belize forum and you'll see plenty of reviews.

Costa Maya: We decided to just kick back on our last port and head to the Chac-Chi resort. The following thread is very long but an interesting read. You'll find reviews, pictures and directions on how to get there. Keep up to date with that thread because the fence situation tends to change and members keep the thread updated on the best way to get in:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=291724

All of these are tours or places we'd do/go again in a heartbeat. The Valor is a wonderful ship, have a great cruise!

John

We did this cruise back in May...fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look in the links in my signature for my wife's review which is chock-full-o information, and my link to the pictures of the trip!!

You are going to love it no matter what you decide on doing.

:cool:

I just got back from the Valor dec. 24th sailing. We had the best cruise we have ever had, even my husband who hates cruises loved this cruise because i had researched on these boards. we actually had to tender in all ports except Roatan. In belize we went cave tubing with cave-tubing.com, Yhonny and his crew were great, it didn't matter what you did with these guys you were going to have fun. In Roatan we hired Diana and Cynthia to take us Zip lining at Palmetto and around the Island, this was awesome. In Grand Cayman we booked a Waverunner excursion to Stingray city and Rum Point, this was the highlight of my trip. In Cozumel we decided to kick back at Paradise Beach and do more waverunning, had a great lunch and drinks on the beach. My group of 15 were all so appreciative of all the fun things we did, everyone had a great time.:D

Archived