Suite on Fantasy

tjwcs

We had cabin V9 in Nov 05 on Fantasy which is a cat 11 suite. As an older ship, the cat 11's onboard are closer in size to newer ships' balcony cabins and not as large as cat 11's (for instance on Glory we had a cat 11 and it was larger and had more storage). It is also very quiet and private on the Verandah deck because there are fewer cabins.

I'm not sure what difference asking whether they've cruised before has to do with selecting a suite:confused:

I read through the link so I guess I know what was meant, but we thoroughly enjoyed having a suite. We have only had suites so far and have booked another one for Oct. We enjoy utilizing VIP and having the extra space for when we are in the cabin, which true, isn't a huge amount, but the space is wonderful.

I'm not sure what difference asking whether they've cruised before has to do with selecting a suite:confused:

a copy of one of my posts from the other thread. JMO

yes, but she's not going on a class of ship w/ many baconies and a nominal price increase. she sailing on a fantasy class ship where she has to eat the cost increase for a suite. another thing if you get a 400 s/f (or whatever it is) cat 12, on your very first cruise ever, every other stateroom (including a regular balcony stateroom) from here on in will seem like a closet, no?

Thanks for everyone's advice.

We have sailed Carnival many times and had all size rooms from Interior on Riviera to Oceanviews to a Balcony on the Conquest class.

An opportunity to book a suite on the Fantasy has opened up and I was wondering what the perks are and advice any cruisers would have.

All opinions are welcome!

Cruising RULES!

Teena:)

Thanks for everyone's advice.

We have sailed Carnival many times and had all size rooms from Interior on Riviera to Oceanviews to a Balcony on the Conquest class.

An opportunity to book a suite on the Fantasy has opened up and I was wondering what the perks are and advice any cruisers would have.

All opinions are welcome!

Cruising RULES!

Teena:)

then i wld definitely snatch it up (as that's exactly what i did when one was actually available (shock) when we booked elation). only perks as i understand it, unless you are platinum (when you'll get other perks, as well), is VIP boarding.

but i shld qualify my response by saying that i'd only do it for a cat12, not a cat 11. you'll have to ask others if they think a cat 11 is worth it. it is a smaller room and is a forward cabin on verandah. i wldn't book this one. personal preference, that's all.

As I said above, the Cat 11 on Fantasy is far forward, but it is very private due to the fact there aren't many cabins on that level. We loved it. There is also a whole thread somewhere about Cat 11 suites with reviews.

Archived