New Menus Coming

debjac

If you look at the menus on the all inclusive ships ( Regent, Seaborne and Silversea ) the food is still made the way it use to be on cruise ships as well as the service that people use to expect.

This Seabourn/RSSC sailor has still an open mind about the menu changes and will be checking the Celebrity board on the opinions of the new menus. ;)

Seabourn has a tie in with Chef Charlie Palmer and some freq. Seabourn sailors do say the menus are getting tired. Not that the quality has gone down. OTOH my cruise on the RSSC Mariner with no tie-in, allowed the restaurants to offer menu changes based on where it was sailing. So there are pluses to not being tied into a fix selection of menus.

Hopefully, the April (I believe) drydock with correct all the maintenance problems I have read about on the Mercury, and the menu changes will not be a major change downward.

Hi, Unbelievable ! Hope your cruise was the last time the irons are broken.

We had fun on the waffle thread while it lasted, it's locked now.:(

The thread was a lot of fun. Do you know why it was locked?:confused:

If you look at the menus on the all inclusive ships ( Regent, Seaborne and Silversea ) the food is still made the way it use to be on cruise ships as well as the service that people use to expect.

What does this mean? On another thread I put it out there for everyone to indicate what it was they wanted, and still to this point in time no one can describe what exactly they want to see on the menu that was either there before and taken away, or they would like to see in the future.

No one could/would/did answer, so me thinks its more about griping than offering some valuable suggestions to enhance the food experience... :rolleyes:

Just got back from a 16 day cruise and I agree that Celebrity is quickly becoming RCI. The dinner menu was repetitious - poultry item for 3 nights was Turkey & stuffing, veal chops 3 times with just a different sauce as a garnish. Lobster option one night only. Yet when I asked the one of the chefs why we only had lobster once he said that they don't like to serve the same item twice on a cruise. So I guess one night it read turkey with gravy and another time gravy sauced over turkey - that would make it different. Plus they seemed to be rationing the marvelous almond croissants at Cafe Cova!

Archived