Brilliance Panama Canal Pictures

elleluv

Great pictures!! This will be our first cruise so we can't wait...17 days.:D

We are trying to figure out which night to make reservations at Portofinos. Can you give me a run down of the menus served in the dining rooms, just the basic theme if any, if you get a chance. Thanks so much!!

Great pictures!! This will be our first cruise so we can't wait...17 days.:D

We are trying to figure out which night to make reservations at Portofinos. Can you give me a run down of the menus served in the dining rooms, just the basic theme if any, if you get a chance. Thanks so much!!

I really wish we had pictures or that I had some recollection of what was served on a particular night, but I don't. They did use the same menus as they have on the 7 night cruises we've been on along with 4 others we hadn't seen before....

Since you haven't cruised before you wouldn't have seen any of the menus... These are from a 7 night we did previously...

http://www.theloves.smugmug.com/gallery/489059

I'm a slightly picky eater... They post the menu for the evening down by the dining room every morning, so we'd always check it out. There were two nights that we went to the Seaview Cafe for dinner.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Enjoy your cruise, we really did! :)

Ellen, Thanks for the wonderful pictures. We are going through the canal next October (Take care of the Serenade for us;) ).

I really enjoyed meeting you and your husband on the Sovereign last October. Sorry that I missed the last "walk a mile". Hope you and your husband are doing well.

Lori

we are on the AOS in march (3/18) can't wait til we get to both aruba and curacao...curacao looks like a very very colorful city...lots of multi colored buildintg fronts...different then anything that we have here in the states...

Fantastic pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

You are quite a photographer.

Which excursions were you on in Costa Rica and Aruba?

Love the sloth and bats and lizard-like creature!

The photography credit all goes to my DH... and I agree he does a fantastic job. :)

In Costa Rica we did the Bus, Train and Canal excursion through the ship. It included a tour of a banana plantation, which was interesting and the Canal, which was great. The sloth, bats and lizard pictures were all taken from the canal. The train portion was my least favorite part. There are a couple of indeptendent tour operators that I've seen recommended on the boards who do the plantation and the canal, if we go again, I would probably go that route...

In Aruba we did the Jolly Pirates snorkeling tour. Here's their website: http://www.jollypirates.com/ We also booked this one through RCL... they weren't available for private booking on our cruise because they were doing the excursion for Royal.

The excursion included stops at 3 snorkeling spots. We weren't able to stop at one of them because they apparently had a ton of jellyfish there that day. Another of the stops was at the site of the Antilla wreck. What a zoo! That spot was actually a very dangerous spot to snorkel, IMO. There were so many other boats there... We actually had a glass bottom boat drive through all the snorkelers from our excursion, missing several of them by a matter of a couple of feet. Even with those 2 disappointments, it was still a fun tour and we would go again.

Ellen, Thanks for the wonderful pictures. We are going through the canal next October (Take care of the Serenade for us;) ).

I really enjoyed meeting you and your husband on the Sovereign last October. Sorry that I missed the last "walk a mile". Hope you and your husband are doing well.

Lori

Hey, Lori, It's good to "see" you here! :)

We had a great time talking to you at the pool on Sovereign. We did wonder what happened to you at walk a mile.

It sounds like you'll be getting on Serenade on 10/20 while we're getting off... watch for us. It shouldn't be hard to spot us... between my 6'5" DH and the fact that I'll be kicking and screaming while they drag me off the ship, (even after 15 days!) should make us easy to spot! ;) :D We had such a great time on our partial transit that we're planning on booking the one-way next year. Have a great time! :)

Thanks for the great pictures. We did this 2 years ago in Feb. Brings back memories. We will be on the Serenade in April. San Juan to San Francisco. Isn't that an amazing experience.

Jan

Hi Jan, We'll be getting on Serenade on May 5 for the repo between San Francisco and Vancouver when you are getting off... The one-way itinerary you're doing looks fantastic. Have a wonderful time! :)

we are on the AOS in march (3/18) can't wait til we get to both aruba and curacao...curacao looks like a very very colorful city...lots of multi colored buildintg fronts...different then anything that we have here in the states...

We really liked Curacao.... I hadn't heard much about it before we went, so we didn't have any expectations, and we really enjoyed it. It is beautiful... lots of photo opps! Have a great time on AOS! :)

Hi Jan, We'll be getting on Serenade on May 5 for the repo between San Francisco and Vancouver when you are getting off... The one-way itinerary you're doing looks fantastic. Have a wonderful time! :)

elleluv, thanks we are looking forward to it. We did the Alaska repo from Vancouver to LA. Going under the Golden Gate bridge was another thrilling experience. You too have a wonderful time.

Jan

Thanks for sharing the excellent photos.

As we will be on the AOS this March, travelling to Aruba and Curacao, I have a couple of questions.

You mention a glass bottom boat ride in Aruba -- What do you mean by a glass bottom boat drive through your excursion? Did you board a separate boat, or is there a glass bottom on the Jolly Rogers boat?

Did you simply explore Curacao on your own? I hear that sites are within easy walking distance. Were maps available, or did you chart your own route, or take an excursion exploring the highlights?

Archived