Brilliance Panama Canal Pictures

elleluv

Thanks for sharing the excellent photos.

As we will be on the AOS this March, travelling to Aruba and Curacao, I have a couple of questions.

You mention a glass bottom boat ride in Aruba -- What do you mean by a glass bottom boat drive through your excursion? Did you board a separate boat, or is there a glass bottom on the Jolly Rogers boat?

We didn't do the glass bottom boat... We were on the Jolly Pirate's boat, which does not have a glass bottom. My comment (really complaint) about the glass bottom boat was that the site of the Antilla wreck was so crowded with boats doing excursions there that it really wasn't very safe for the snorkelers. There was a glass bottom boat that also happened to be at the site and it almost ran over several of the snorkelers from our excursion.

Did you simply explore Curacao on your own? I hear that sites are within easy walking distance. Were maps available, or did you chart your own route, or take an excursion exploring the highlights?

We did do Curacao on our own.... We had the map from the shopping guide we got in our cruise compass, but basically we just wandered around.

Have a great trip! :)

The pictures were fabulous!! Please give your DH our compliments.

Do you recall the temperature in Costa Rica? Did you need bug spray?

We leave in 2 weeks.

BOS 1-22-07

It was very hot in Costa Rica while we were there... about 95 as I recall.

We did use a combination sunscreen, bug repelant (Sun N Bug) that we have. Although, the tour guide mentioned that they don't have a mosquito issue and we didn't see any either...

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did! :)

Archived