Unadvertised Captains Club benefits????

FONToKNOW

Hi all

I've noticed alot of 'coupons' mentioned on this post.

Are these usually enclosed with the newsletter?

I'm curious, because I received a welcome home letter from X

after I returned from my Bermuda/Canada cruise on the Zenith.

And on the bottom, there are 2 coupons to use for a new booking

on a future X cruise. Is this how Celeb welcomes back 1st-timers?

If so, I'll be doing more business with them!

So far, looking at the benefits would make me want to come back.

I'm happy to say that I'm glad I decided to cruise with X.

It was at the right time,and right circumstances.

Can't wait to step aboard the Zenith again 9/24/2005 !

As someone noted above, not that special in any case. They are now offering a "Cabernet Blending" seminar to the Select and Elite members. Should be interesting... especially for those of us with a special interest in wine or an old penchant for mixing everything in sight in our old chemistry sets!

We went through an elaborate blending and then poured it all together and drank it. Was a lot of fun.:D :D

The change took place shortly after Celebrity was acquired by Royal Caribbean and ceased to be an independent company. Those who paid received a coupon for about $50 in either cabin discount or on board credit. I don't remember which but I remember using it about 5 years ago.

Mike

This is incorrect information, the fee was dropped about two years ago which was several years after Celebrity was acquired by Royal Caribbean.

Don

Our first Celebrity cruise was on Mercury for eight days in March. We booked a Royal Suite and after returning home, both of us joined the Captain's Club. We cruised again on Century in May and again had a Royal Suite. The only benefits that we received was we were given credit for two cruises, and went to the CC party where the beverages were wine and some limited hor d'oeveres [sic].

On both occasions we had priorty boarding and disembarkation, priorty in tender boarding, etc., not because we were CC members, but because we booked a Royal Suite. Still do not understand, why we and others are not entitled to an upgrade - although for us, it would be to the Penthouse Suite [grin].

Oh, and on both cruises, we were invited to have dinner at the Captain's Table. Think that has more to do with booking a suite, than it does with being a CC member - although on both occasions, other pax at the Captain's Table were Elite members.

So, we are looking forward to our cruise in Feb. on Century, again with a Royal Suite. Made the mistake in booking the first cruise with a Royal Suite, and my dear Nedra has made it clear - nothing less. Maybe I should have started with one of those lesser cabins just above the engine room, and worked our way up.

In Oct on the Galaxy the party was really quite nice. We could get any drink we wanted and they were not stingy. Service was great. We were very pleasantly surprised. Have been to these parties on other cruise lines in the past and they were not nearly as nice!

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of Captain's Club benefits, one of the coupons you get on board is for 10 free internet minutes. On the back of the coupon, on their web site, and in all their print media, this coupon is a MEMBER benefit. On our 3 most recent cruises this fall, we only got one coupon, despite the fact that my wife and I are BOTH Elite members. The ships all claimed that the coupon is one per STATEROOM. I called the Captain's club to find out what is going on, and they confirmed that it is one per stateroom, although prior to this summer we always got one each. So don't believe what you read about the benefits - you may, or may not, get them. Its a minor thing, but could be the start of a trend.

Jesse Cox

Just off Century 2 weeks ago. I have the Captain's Club Cocktail Party Beverages menu in front of me. It includes

Mumm's Napa Cuvee Brut Prestige Sparkling Wine

Celebrity Signature Wine-Red or White

Beringer White Zinfandel

Vodka or Gin Martini

manhattan

Yellow Bird

Mai Tai

Dewar's Scotch, Jim Beam Bourbon,Smirnoff Vodka, Bacardi Rum, or Beefeater Gin with your favorite mixer

Beers

Soft Drinks

You can have as much as you want and I think this menu should please most people. Pat

On the subject of Captain's Club benefits, one of the coupons you get on board is for 10 free internet minutes. On the back of the coupon, on their web site, and in all their print media, this coupon is a MEMBER benefit. On our 3 most recent cruises this fall, we only got one coupon, despite the fact that my wife and I are BOTH Elite members. The ships all claimed that the coupon is one per STATEROOM. I called the Captain's club to find out what is going on, and they confirmed that it is one per stateroom, although prior to this summer we always got one each. So don't believe what you read about the benefits - you may, or may not, get them. Its a minor thing, but could be the start of a trend.

Jesse Cox

Hi Jesse !

I understand what you are referring to. Until about 18 months ago, EACH member recieved a set of Captains Club coupons in the cabin on the first day of the Cruise. Then, only 1 set appeared. I was SURE the cabin attendant had made a mistake.

When I went to Guest Relations, they assured me it was no mistake. I was told ONE set per CABIN. I told them, that was not the way it was on past Cruises, and they said "thats the way it is now". After the Cruise, I called Captain's Club, and they confirmed it was one set of Coupons per Cabin and that was the new rule.

Frankly, while I dont think that is fair, that's the way it is. and it has been that way for a while now. Both passengers earned the perk, but they have to share the Coupons ? It does not make much sense to me, but it really isn't that big of a deal, IMHO.

Regards,

Andy

Just off Century 2 weeks ago. I have the Captain's Club Cocktail Party Beverages menu in front of me. It includes

Mumm's Napa Cuvee Brut Prestige Sparkling Wine

Celebrity Signature Wine-Red or White

Beringer White Zinfandel

Vodka or Gin Martini

manhattan

Yellow Bird

Mai Tai

Dewar's Scotch, Jim Beam Bourbon,Smirnoff Vodka, Bacardi Rum, or Beefeater Gin with your favorite mixer

Beers

Soft Drinks

You can have as much as you want and I think this menu should please most people. Pat

I'm very disappointed - I would either order Pina Coladas or glasses of Merlot at the captain's club parties.

Nothing on that menu appeals to me.

Elite member here.

There are a few great things to keep in mind.

The CC and Elite party is very nice.

Just a quiet time in the late afternoon.

The Captain and his officers entertain you with information.

We got to talk to the Captain while on the Horizon last trip.

Also the Enginerring offices spent about a 1/2 hour with us.

We had dinner with the resturant manager.

We had a chance to go back stage, see the galley.

And a few other things that most cruisers do not get to see.

All in all it's a nice benefit to have and use.

Me.... I like the priority check in.

I'm very disappointed - I would either order Pina Coladas or glasses of Merlot at the captain's club parties.

Nothing on that menu appeals to me.

I always ask for simple things.... Rum and coke.

Then tip the waiter.

He is not getting anything extra for this service.

And when he comes back ask for another when he has a chance.

Then tip him again.

Think or try to put yourself in their position.

Also at the Elite members party.... it was - order anything you wanted.

in 2002 we went on our first cruise for our honeymoon and it cost $35.00 and we joined on the ship. Shortly after we joined we recieved a letter from the CC that said that the club was going to be free and that those members who paid were going to get a $50.00 one time ship board credit. We ended going on Celebrity the next 2 years and when we booked our Aug 2005 X cruise, I called the CC and told them I coulld not find th coupon and they gave me the code to give to my TA. When my TA called X to give them the code he was told that we needed to sail by the end of this year to use it. I called the CC and they wouldn't budge.

Archived