Russian River Cruise

Margie4koi

Has anyone taken the Uniworld 16-day Imperial Russia cruise, departing from St. Petersburg? The ship is the Litvinov. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated. Our other possible option is the Intrav cruise on the Glushkov.

Hi.

The various ships for Russian cruises are pretty much the same. They are older, Russian vessels that have been refurbished for the international market. The food will be very adequate, but not gourmet. Don't expect luxury accommodations, but instead focus on the interesting itineraries and places that you will visit. This is true of all the Russian cruise ships, not just Intrav.

If you might be interested, I am going with a group of women on a Russian cruise (11 nights, St. Petersburg to Moscow) in August. I was able to get a great price since we are a group, plus I booked it directly with the company that operates the ship instead of through a USA tour company. If you might be interested in joining us, I am pretty sure there is still room. Feel free to email me: cruisemuse@yahoo.com

You will surely be fascinated by this trip, no matter what ship you decide to use!

Wife and I (55+ and 60+) did this cruise, on Litvinov, in June/July 2006 (white nights) and we really enjoyed it. Never been on an ocean cruise (and no real desire to) but we wanted to see russia and the culture and history. We got all we could have asked for. Ship is clean and well maintained, food is more than adequate (not gourmet) and all the staff are great. Very friendly and well organised. We arranged ballet tickets for Kirov and Bolshoi (over the web) before we went and they were delivered to the ship and the cruse guides organised mini bus for the few of us doing this.

Highly recommended, easy way to see st Petersburg and Moscow and a few smaller towns inbetween.

Hi, 2Bob!

Can you tell me which company you used to buy the ballet tickets? I used an online agency for this a few years ago, but I've misplaced their name/email address. I might want to buy some tickets ahead of time for my upcoming cruise in Russia...tho I think the Bolshoi will be on break when I'm there. So maybe I'll get folk ballet tickets!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived