Larry's Limos out of FLL, anyone?

MamaParrotHead

Had booked Tri-County Express initially when it was just 4 of us going on our cruise 4/07. Since then, another couple has joined us. When I called Tri-County back, the man I spoke with was BEYOND rude and now I'm looking into other options for us. Want to get to Crowne Plaza hotel at MIA (yeah, booked the hotel on Priceline before actually booking airfare...lesson learned, LOL).

Tri-County quoted us at $18 pp, which I think sounds kind of steep (though I obviously could be wrong). I did fill out the quote form on Larry's site, but wondered if anyone could answer me in the meantime.

Party of 6, FLL to MIA? Any thoughts on price? Thanks. ;)

They're only a dollar or two cheaper (which includes the 15% tip), but will meet us in baggage and we don't have to hunt anyone down, know that we have a reservation (when I tried to add the other 2 people and get confirmation on that, Tri-County's answer was, "Oh, just tell the dispatch guy at the terminal who will radio for the car. It shouldn't be a problem"). Plus, that guy at Tri-County was SO RUDE, I feel better taking my business to a place that has more efficient and friendlier employees.

Anyway, I'm more comfortable this way. Just wanted to update.

We rented a white stretch limo for 6 adults. roundtrip worked out to be $33.00pp which included the tip.

a taxi would cost 75.00 one way.

It does sound like you are trying to book tri-county as a shared ride instead of for jsut your party- call again.

If you dont get a response by email from LArrys Limo-- call. I spent a lot of time on email-- they dont read if often enough. Its better just to call.

• 2 weeks later...

I called Tri-County twice yesterday thinking the first unpleasant person I spoke with was a fluke. The second person was hardly any better.

I will call Larry's and hope for a more pleasant experience. I just can't see giving my business to an organization that seems to have no concern with their phone agents' behavior.

I called them last week to get a quote for 4 people from Miami Port to FLL and was told $130 which included tip, and parking fees.

I am pretty sure the limo was big enough to fit more than 4 people because when he asked how many were in my party, he suggested a town car. I opted for the limo because I wanted my kids to be surprised after our cruise.

We used Larry's limo 1 1/2 years ago and they did a great job! We had 9 people and plenty of luggage. We flew in the day before and our driver picked us up in baggage claim and dropped us at the hotel. In the morning he was waiting for us at the hotel to take us to the ship.

When we returned while we were still on the ship waiting to get off he called us on the our cell phone and told us he was there and where to go after we got off. Since our flight was not until 6PM he took us to the Everglades for an air boat ride, dropped us off for lunch, and then took us on a tour of South Beach.

I would recommend and would use them again!

We used Larry's limo 1 1/2 years ago and they did a great job! We had 9 people and plenty of luggage. We flew in the day before and our driver picked us up in baggage claim and dropped us at the hotel. In the morning he was waiting for us at the hotel to take us to the ship.

When we returned while we were still on the ship waiting to get off he called us on the our cell phone and told us he was there and where to go after we got off. Since our flight was not until 6PM he took us to the Everglades for an air boat ride, dropped us off for lunch, and then took us on a tour of South Beach.

I would recommend and would use them again!

How much extra this cost? There are 6 of us, our flight not leaving out of FLL until 4:30. We really don't feel like sitting on a tour bus (doing post cruise excursion) but that's oue only real option at this point.

How much extra this cost? There are 6 of us, our flight not leaving out of FLL until 4:30. We really don't feel like sitting on a tour bus (doing post cruise excursion) but that's oue only real option at this point.

I don't remember the cost now but I know it was cheaper then a Carnival's excursion. Evan after having to pay for the air boat! Everyone agreed that this is the way to go.

Just call them up and they will give you a price per hour and they will take you anywhere you want to go.

I don't remember the cost now but I know it was cheaper then a Carnival's excursion. Evan after having to pay for the air boat! Everyone agreed that this is the way to go.

Just call them up and they will give you a price per hour and they will take you anywhere you want to go.

Did you have in mind where you wanted him to take you? Or did they make suggestions?

I just spoke with Larry's this morning. Looking for a car for 4 from hotel in FLL to Port of Miami. The man (very nice) said with 3 large bags 29"" or 30" we could fit into a Town Car for 60 plus 20% tip. A limo for 6 was 90 I believe I know it wasn't over 100. and 20% tip. I had a reservation with Top Shuttle it was going to be a van. I like this better T S was 85 plus tip. Hope it helps

Archived