Regal Princess Hawaiian Cruise....?

DougD137

My fiance and I are looking at this Hawaiian cruise in '08. I'm just looking for some info on the boat and if many familys travel on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. Since we will be on a honeymoon we kinda want to keep it kid free as much as possible. Any info would be great thanks!

:confused:Hawaiian Cruise on Regal Princess in 08?????:confused:

I think you are a little mixed up..Regal will be gone in 08, she sails to Sydney from LA on August 31, 2007, arriving on 2 October 2007. Then she will have some changes made, including increased pax to just over 2000, and re-born as 'Pacific Dawn' under P&O Australia flag.

:confused:

I have heard rumors that Regal will be leaving the Princess fleet, but I don't know the details. I am not contradicting the statements above, as I just don't have the info. There have been rumors in the past that Regal was leaving, but so many pax love her and she stays for one more year. I hate to see her go, as do many others.

My husband and I sailed on the Regal to Hawaii and it was a delightful ship! She is one of a kind in the Princess fleet ~ smaller and more intimate than most of the other larger ships, more like a Sun Class ship, but also more regal and old world in furnishings. Lots of wood and brass, and a beautiful ship! There were practically no children onboard, and lots of older people. The Pacific can be a rough crossing, and although the Regal did a little rocking and rolling, she did fine.

If the Regal is available, I think you will love her for a honeymoon!

I noticed this is your first post, and the first reply was less than welcoming. Please don't be turned off Cruise Critic by one post and welcome ~~ there is a wealth of info here!!

We recently booked the 15 day RT Los Angeles/Hawaii on the Diamond Princess - Feb. 16, 2008. We are looking forward to the 8 sea days in total - hoping the Pacific isn't too rocky but it can't be any worse than the Bay of Biscay. This is our first cruise with Princess and chose this cruise because of the itinerary.

We cruised to Hawaii in October 2005 on Infinity and have one scheduled in November on Diamond Princess. During those months you won't find many kids. We love this cruise and are looking forward to sailing on Princess for the first time. Anything else you would like to know??

We are looking at the Regal for RT LA-LA to Hawaii in Aug 2007. We travel with our 16 year old daughter who is a real cruiser and loves it. I am anticipating lots of kids (read teens) on this summer voyage to Hawaii...anyone done this trip in summer? Are there lots of teens? When she is happy, we are happy!!! And we love lots of sea days...

Any other tidbits on this ship would be appreciated - I know she is older but seems they have all the ammenities per the website.

Thanks -

We took the Regal to Alaska and their was a lot less kids on board than the grand class ships. If your child is looking forward to the teen center then she will be very disappointed. The Regal is not really set up to accomadate a lot of kids. My DS enjoyed the childrens program dispite the size of the room and the amount of actiities but many other kids in our group didn't go back after the first day.

Well, the number of kids would be dependent on when you're going. A 15-day cruise in summer or during winter break is very doable for families. This next summer is the first time (as far as I know) that Princess is sailing roundtrip from LA to Hawaii so you won't get any answers about this exact kind of cruise. In fact, NCL ships (the American-flagged ones who circle Hawaii) and perhaps the Princess one that goes between Hawaii and Tahiti may be the only ones who sailed to Hawaiian ports during the summer.

As for having kids onboard, it's not the quantity that matters anyhoo. It's whether the parents are supervising their kids when not participating in the kids program. Our little one is either in the fun zone or with us. And many other parents also expect their kids to behave and not run around causing problems, too.

HEY, HEY..cut it out, I was not being nasty to the first poster..just pointing out there will be no Regal in 08. She will be refitted in Sydney and Brisbane and sailing on cruises Sydney to Noumea etc from the end of October 07 as Pacific Dawn. If you are not convinced look at P&O Australia website.:cool:

Just settle down out there, don't get too excited, life is short.;)

Archived