Nassau Gone

Georgetown Mike

We are on the sailing just before yours and I noticed the same thing - but if you click on the date of your sailing, Nassau appears in the itinerary. It's just not there in the general itinerary. I'm hoping it's just a glitch.

I've just checked your sailingdates at the Celebrity website, but I don't see your "problem".

Sat, Feb 10

Nassau, Bahamas Docked Arrive 12:00 PM Depart 5:30 PM

Sat, Feb 17

Nassau, Bahamas Docked Arrive 12:00 PM Depart 5:30 PM

What a scary thread title! I wondered if the island had been destroyed...

We were originally on the doomed 12/10 Millennium sailing. Nassau appeared and disappeared from the itinerary in the months leading up to the cruise date, like the Flying Dutchman of ports. Finally (?), it disappeared for good, leaving us with an extra day at sea.

We're rebooked for the 2/11 sailing now ... and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the ship skips Nassau again.

We were on the 12/17 sailing and Nassau was listed on some of Celebrity's sites but not others. On the sailings where it is dropped they usually send an e-mail advising of the change. They had dropped it on some because of lack of availability of dockspace.

If any ports are dropped from your Itinerary you should receive a refund for the port charges that the cruise line charged you for and would have paid for port charges. I would call Celebrity and ask that the amount that each passenger was charged for the port charges are be returned for any ports that are missed.

I enjoy sea days more than ports. Skipping Nassau wouldn't be the worst thing, although I enjoyed the last time we were there when we went to the Atlantis.

The best thing about stopping in ports is that half the passengers or more get off the ship. We stayed on the ship until after lunch for the six ports on our last cruise. If only the cruise line could find away to do something with all those people on our true sea days then every cruise day would be perfect.

We were originally scheduled for Nassau, but then changed to Freeport City. This was a good move on our minds. Apparently X had never gone to freeport before.

Maybe X is considering alternatives to 'jazz' up their cruises a bit.

However Freeport is definetly NOT Nassau. First the port is a distance from the beaches and real shopping...you really need a cab, and secondly its a lot more laid back.

Although given the three choices a day at sea on a 7 day or longer isn't a bad alternative.

As for port fees...they are so minimal that the arguement is not worth taking on IMHO.

Dave:eek:

Archived