Skol! Prosit! Cheers! A question on in-suite set-ups

ltsally

Ok, first the obligatory "We are not ________________ (choose one: A.) boozehounds B.) lushes C.) outright drunks)"

But, looking over the guest registration form for the first time last nite, I was surprised at the limited - and not exactly top-shelf - list of in-room refreshment choices. Is that the extent of it? If a person indicates a preference for a brand not listed - say JWalker Red or Black, will that be honored? What about Bombay Sapphire? Or Guinness?

Thanks!

Ok, first the obligatory "We are not ________________ (choose one: A.) boozehounds B.) lushes C.) outright drunks)"

But, looking over the guest registration form for the first time last nite, I was surprised at the limited - and not exactly top-shelf - list of in-room refreshment choices. Is that the extent of it? If a person indicates a preference for a brand not listed - say JWalker Red or Black, will that be honored? What about Bombay Sapphire? Or Guinness?

Thanks!

There is much more booze available--we order Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch and Crown Royal. I know others that order some of the upscale Vodkas--no problem. I think the only thing that might be a problem would be super premium brands. Just write in what, as long as its not to wild, in the other space. I'm sure Sapphire would be fine--I'm not sure, but I think they have Guinness on board--if not I'll bet they would find some for you! A cruise would not be a cruise without my JWBL.

I have always asked for and received Bombay Sapphire and single malt scotch. I find it is easier to just ask the stewardess upon embarkation than to fill out the form online. In less than an hour I have what I want.

For our cruise this past October on the Spirit, I had requested a bottle of Grey Goose vodka and a bottle of Jameson Irish whisky for our in-suite bar. Upon arrival to our suite, we found a random bottle of Scotch and a bottle of red wine. Not even close. We asked our stewardess if we could exchange the bottle of wine for a bottle of Absolut, and she gladly did that. We found that we didn't drink much of our in-room booze anyway. When the liquor is free-flowing on the ship, it seems a little much to have more in your stateroom.

When the liquor is free-flowing on the ship, it seems a little much to have more in your stateroom.

I find this one of the nice features. We love to enjoy a few cocktails in our suite before dinner and it's wonderful to be able to make them without having to run out and get them or have them delivered.

I find this one of the nice features. We love to enjoy a few cocktails in our suite before dinner and it's wonderful to be able to make them without having to run out and get them or have them delivered.

This is true...and I must admit that if we hadn't both had a cold during most of the two-week cruise, we may have "imbibed" a bit more from the in-suite bar. As it was, we napped between shore excursions, meals and bedtimes and just didn't feel like drinking that much. :o We now need to decide on where to go next, so we can make up for that loss.

When the liquor is free-flowing on the ship, it seems a little much to have more in your stateroom.

I agree with you but I am a light drinker but still last year RSSC had in room setups and charged at the bars. End product was the bars were empty before dinner. I did not get my mandatory Foo-Foo drink at the pool bar because all I saw them selling were beers.

Leaving Ft. L to Tampa I had a 19 passenger puddle jumper that I had to sit with my backpack with camera and Powerbook in my lap so I said bye-bye to a nice bottle of Jack with only one drink out of it. :o

OTOH my first two Seabourn cruise is/were 7 dayers... On longer cruises I can see the in room setup more...

The online preferences thing appears to rarely reach the ship. Just count on laying it all out for your stewardess when you arrive. Usually no problem with any brand of beverage if it is in stock; if you overdo the pricey stuff they may ask for a token payment (or not, you never know). The suggestion made on one of these threads to replace the big bottles with airline minis is a good one; most passengers rarely finish both of their bottles and the crew cannot have open bottles donated to the crew bar, resulting in enormous waste. Plus the new carry-on rules for liquids precludes taking the stuff with you (unless you check it & risk scotch clothes).

The online preferences thing appears to rarely reach the ship. ...................... most passengers rarely finish both of their bottles and the crew cannot have open bottles donated to the crew bar, resulting in enormous waste.

I did the online preference thing, and got exactly what we asked for....we hadnt stipulated any particular mixes though, so when on board just had to change the "real" coke for the "diet" variety (not that it did any good!! :()

and I can assure you, there was no wastage in Suite 306!! :D

The online preferences thing appears to rarely reach the ship. Just count on laying it all out for your stewardess when you arrive. Usually no problem with any brand of beverage if it is in stock; if you overdo the pricey stuff they may ask for a token payment (or not, you never know). The suggestion made on one of these threads to replace the big bottles with airline minis is a good one; most passengers rarely finish both of their bottles and the crew cannot have open bottles donated to the crew bar, resulting in enormous waste. Plus the new carry-on rules for liquids precludes taking the stuff with you (unless you check it & risk scotch clothes).

We had to leav e and unopened bottle of Grey Goose and a almost full bottle of J&B on our last cruise in October. Too heavy to pack! Husband has, in past, transferred liquor to water bottles to make transport lighter, but even that was too much weight for the new rules. Smaller bottles would make a lot more sense since how many of us go through those big bottles of liquor when there is so much of it free flowing throughout the ship? Jean

I like the present method of allocating the liquor to one's suite and I hope that it isn't changed. If it must, I would rather see a switch to 750ml bottles than to mini-bottles.

The better solution is to give any leftover liquor to one of your newest friends who is staying on board (or give it to your stewardess). Didn't Granny's travelogue mention an accumulation of bottles over the course of her mega-voyage?;)

johnny

ummm did Granny mention an accumulation?:o good to make new friends who are getting off long before you!!:D We thought about packing it all up and starting a new business when we got home, but we just persevered...there were some full bottles left at the end though.

ummm did Granny mention an accumulation?:o good to make new friends who are getting off long before you!!:D .

99 Bottles of Booze on the Wall 99 bottles of booze, take one down pass it around 98 Bottles of Boozzze on te wal ........ :D

hi2.gif GL

BB is thinking about the "accumulation" after 70+ days.... :eek:

Our stewardess told us she could not take the bottles of liquor we left behind. So I don't know who got them. Since we had just gone through a hellish night of rough seas (trying to pack while seasick - husband not me), we just didn't care who got them. I agree about the mini bottles; they aren't the answer, either.

Jean

Archived