Life Boat Drill on AOS?

mslaabs

This is kind of an odd question, but we will be on AOS in May with a late departure time of 8:30pm (or 10pm, I've read both). Anyway, usually the lifeboat drill is an hour or so before sailing. My question is, what time will the drill be if we leave at 8:30pm and what happens to those people who are in the early dinner seating? If they have it earlier in the day isn't there a chance that some people will be off the ship sight seeing and miss the drill?

On AOS, the 3 times we've been on her, the muster drill has always been at 8:30. The dinner times are changed to 6:30 and 9:00 on the first night. We have always had 2nd seating, so we would just drop off our life jackets in our cabin and go to dinner. The ship leaves at 10:00.

I'm sure they will cordinate everything to fall in place for dining, muster drill if departing at 8:30. I have been on ships on the 1st day dining was open (not assigned times). I was on the AOS in august 2006, ship left at 10pm. Our flight arrived in San Juan at 8:45 pm without luggage. Tried to hang out at the airport as long as possible to put claims in for luggage, search for luggage , etc. We arrived on the ship at 9:15pm. Muster drill was already in progress. The cabin steward told us to call our cabin number in to the pursers desk and juts dbl check our life jackets for what deck we needed to be on in case of emergency. I feel if you've been to 1 muster drill , you know the routine!

Archived