5 nites- how many formal?

I surely hope there is only 1 formal night on 5 night cruises. We are going on Explorer to Bermuda in June. If there is only 1 formal night, we can probably get by with only 2 carryons.

The following copied from RCCL website: (1 formal night for 5 night cruise)

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are: con_bulletgray_ico.gifCasual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifSmart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for womencon_bulletgray_ico.gifFormal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4 - night cruises include one formal night and the remainder nights are casual.

5 - night cruises include one formal and the remainder nights casual.

6 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder nights casual. 7 to 9 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights casual.

10 to 13-night cruises include two formal nights, two smart casual nights, and the remainder nights casual.

14+ - night cruises include three formal nights, four smart casual nights and the remainder nights casual.

It's true...we had only one formal night on the 5 day Explorer to Bermuda. I wanted to say that we didn't see anyone in gowns. A nice cocktail dress or black skirt and top for gals, and a suit and tie for men were very appropriate attire. We did see a scattering of a few tuxedos, but not too many at all.

On our 5 day Bermuda the women were dressed to the nines, with lots of sparkles and spangles. On the "casual" nights most people were dressed beautifully, much dressier than I have seen on recent cruises. It was great IMO. I don't get to get dressed up at home so I always tend to dress up more on cruises.

On our 5 day Bermuda the women were dressed to the nines, with lots of sparkles and spangles. On the "casual" nights most people were dressed beautifully, much dressier than I have seen on recent cruises. It was great IMO. I don't get to get dressed up at home so I always tend to dress up more on cruises.

Hi Sue...(I'm the one you sent the menus to..thanks again!):D ...Anyway, I do remember reading your past posts where you did say that on your Explorer cruise people dressed very formally. Not so on ours....Go figure:confused:

And we were only weeks apart timewise too.

On cruises that are less than 7 nights, you will find less tuxedos on formal night. On our upcoming 5-nt Enchantment cruise this fall, it will be the first time my DH isn't bringing his tux on a cruise. I'm thinking he won't even take a suit--but dress slacks, shirt and tie, and a nice sport coat. Several folks that I've spoken to about this tended to agree.

Archived