Port of Miami in LOCK DOWN.

rajntra

Just saw on Fox News that the Port of Miami has been locked down. Seems the FBI found a couple of peeps of Middle Eastern decent hidden in the back of a pick up truck. The driver of the truck is giving inconsistent stories, no more details available.

Wonder if a lock down applies to the Cruise ships as well?????

Now they are saying the people where found in the sleeper cab of the truck not the container. Soo the driver knew they where there. Somethings up! I hope to god they are searching and monitoring every container in that lot. Hope this turns out to be nothing, but it sure does seem to be something, just don't know what yet.

Anybody see this story yet: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/07/miami.port/index.html

Apparently three men have been arrested after trying to enter the port illegally, in an 18-wheeler truck.

I'm glad that authorities are cautious, but I still find these situations scary. We're sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in three weeks.

Fortunately the cruiseport has a seperate entrance from the cargo port. The cargo side was closed this morning, no frieghters were in port, these guys must have stuck out like a sore thumb as there wasn't any 18 wheeler traffic anywhere to be seen. If it were a weekday nobody would have noticed, it's an 18 wheeler zoo there.

Anybody see this story yet: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/07/miami.port/index.html

Apparently three men have been arrested after trying to enter the port illegally, in an 18-wheeler truck.

I'm glad that authorities are cautious, but I still find these situations scary. We're sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in three weeks.

hmmmm.. last week on the way back to miami aboard the Century we were alerted by the C aptain that a boat was too close to us (we were about 9 miles off of cuba) and that he was calling the coast guard which sent a jet which circled our ship but the boat disappeared.. I've heard nothing since about it...just makes you wonder

Just heard that are turning away the fuel shipments for the Cruise ships at the port. I wonder if they have enough fuel to get underway and to their first port of call? Man this suxs for the passengers on board.

Archived