What souvenirs do you usually collect on vacation?

Baseball caps!...wherever we go on holiday.

Must have the name of the destination!

Most get some kind of wear, to cover my shiny dome, but they all end up hanging from the picture rail in my office.

Every time I look at them there's a thousand memories.:) :)

I collect pins! Still trying to determine how to display them. One idea was to make a cool quilt of the world and then pin the pins on the various places we've visited. In order to do that, I would first need to learn to quilt ;)

For those who collect matchbooks and post cards, I recently saw a very cool way to display your stuff. It was a collectors box found in the Pottery Barn catalog. Here is a link: http://*****.com/48l78 You really don't have to pay that much for one, you can easily make a similar box at home.

I do like the Christmas ornament idea... I may have to start doing that. :)

Oh no you had to ask. We collect way too much. Magnets, our fridge is a conversation piece. I need more room for our new ones. Everyone who walks into our house is in shock. Yes as another said, it is tacky, but everyone expects it now! Also shot glasses. I'm still tryng to figure out how to display them. Also t-shirts. I have way too many!

We try to find and purchase something that is hand carved or the painting or photographic work of a local artist. I like to look for a jeweler that takes in local pieces to sell. You get a truly one of a kind piece. We bought a beautiful hand crafted quilt in the Shenandoah Valley a few years back. I have made a few quilts and appreciate a well done piece. We mailed it home along with other bulky items before we flew home. Opening up the package when it arrives extends your vacation just a bit!

As a number of people here have said, my primary source of souvenirs is the pictures (and video) I shoot.

Other than that, my wife collects a Christmas tree ornament from most every place we stop while I like to get pick up a golf-type shirt from every ship we cruise on.

Fridge magnets. Trying to come up with an idea to display them off the fridge. Some have fallen off & chipped. Collection is getting huge (and tacky looking) Like the seapass idea. DH collects T-shirts. Hasn't even worn them all. I forgot to get one in Vegas (Red Rock Canyon) Any help for me?

Thanks

Crystal (sometimes waterford if duty free, or swarovski) and Christmas ornaments. We have actually found crystal pieces on our travels we have never seen at home. When we were in Barcelona we bought some special porcelain unique to this city. Every where we go there are special treasures that bring back the memories. Fridge magnets are great cause it seems I always am looking in that direction!

CaseyT

JEWELRY!!! :D :D :D

All my jewelry has a story, and it's great to remember where I was when I bought it. I have marquis diamonds on either side of my solitaire that were put on in one day in St. Thomas, and an anniversay diamond band I got last Noevember is Grand Cayman.

Archived