What would you suggest to an incoming Celebrity Executive Chef ?

elena7seas

With the departure of M. Michel Roux, perhaps now would be an opportune time to create a list, in one place, of our suggestions for ways that Celebrity could improve the food offerings on their ships. I suggest this only in the spirit of wanting to improve what I think is already a great product, and to bring Celebrity's reputation for excellent cuisine back to where it once was.

I'm not looking for expensive options....I realize I can get five star cuisine on the luxury lines for thousands of dollars more per cruise. But as someone who does a lot of event planning (where meals are key features), I know a little more money, spent strategically and with creativity, can really improve what can be offered.

I'll start.....

I think the salads in the main dining room could be improved. A little creativity would not go amiss. And while I do appreciate the choice of dressings being presented at the table, at least one choice per night could be a little more "lively".

I second the more inventive salads! Maybe try some different cheeses or nuts on them....

Also, better fish and seafood. Their selections are not as good as I would like and I thoroughly enjoy their food.

More healthy options in the dining room for dinner!

Work on the vegetarian options - some are great (soy meat bolonaise) and some...well...not so much

Improve the bread selections. NCL has wonderful breads - different ones every night. X breads are only okay.

Bring back Goombay salad dressing.

Please, keep the duck and lamb offerings as is. Thes are DH's favorites.

For a vegetarian selection, offer Boca Burgers at lunch. Not just generic veggie burgers which are mostly inedible, but the Boca brand which are hard to tell from meat. These are a good selection for calorie counters as well as vegetarians.

Most of the beef selections have been very good and are always cooked exactly as requested. But I find on a 14 night cruise, I am ordering beef 6 or 8 times, so a more varied menu would be nice.

We have been quite happy with the current menu, so hope they don't change too much.

I would like to see the dining room experience of formal/informal nights continued. This would mean a chef that was familiar with good cuisine and the mass marketing like a cruise ship. With other options on the ship, I feel that most people to utilize the dining room experience would like food as we've enjoyed there. Maybe, Celebrity needs to change their menus more often like once a year???

I'm hoping whoever they bring in will spend some time in the buffet area and make some noise about the terrible quality of the instant coffee out there.

Love X but hate their cheap vats o'mud (and I'm going to hold them responsible for the 5lbs I'll gain eating waffles trying to wash the taste out :)

coffee improvment would be nice. Also brewed tea rather then instant ice tea would be lovely

Improvment on the fish and seafood,

Not much can make me any happier. I have always loved their food. I would suggest a more variety of month to month menu

I dont cruise often but when i first cruised on Celebrity the food was excellent, two years later when i sailed the food was again excellent but exactly the same. Just more inventive ideas would make a huge difference

Will be interesting to see when this all takes place

Nadine

...to create a list, in one place, of our suggestions for ways that Celebrity could improve the food offerings...

1. Keep spare waffle irons on each ship to avoid a waffle "outage."

2. Teach the waffle cooks to add a handful of pecans for an outstanding waffle.

3. Don't change anything that isn't broken!!!

Bon Appetit!

Les

Archived