Galaxy Bedding question

ArubaGal

Arubalisa:

I answered your question on the Runaway Cruise Director thread, but here goes again:

We were on Galaxy in November. Our cabin was on Deck 5. Our bedding was new. The mattresses and pillows were new. The sheets, now white and khaki colored were new. There is a nice solid-colored coverlet and pillow sham (in our room these were maroon, but I've also seen navy.) The nicest thing was the lightweight duvet. All-in-all, a very nice sleeping experience.

They were doing a fair amount of replacement work onboard at that time. For instance our bathroom sink/vanity was new. I saw plumbers replacing these throughout the cruise (or at least I saw them carrying them around the hallways). Our shower curtain was so new that it still had the creases from being folded in a package.

Enjoy Galaxy!

We always buy a new king size egg crate from Bed Bath and Beyond (around $20) and have the cabin steward put it on our cabin bed .. regardless of type of cabin we're in .. It's a lightweight item to carry on board, and we leave it for the next passengers to enjoy.

You can ASK for one onboard, but on full ships, sometimes they are scarce.

It makes a BIG difference to me on ANY cruise bedding situation.

I also bring a comfy light-weight throw from home for naps.

Just makes things so much cozier.

Sweet dreams on your cruise!

We were on Galaxy in December. The bedding was as described above...very nice sleeping, no complaints.

There were many Puerto Rican families on our trip, in fact, spanish speakers were the majority on the ship.

Archived