New SEABOURN cruiser - questions?

james j feller

Heard an interesting story on Marketplace the other night on the eerily warm winter we are having on the East Coast - and it's effect on "Ski & Sea" shops. Which is rather profound from a sales standpoint.

I'm betting, Blackbird, that if Dick's didn't have what you wanted they have already been fairly sorry.

BTW - we love Stephen's in Roanoke. It's the only restaurant we will eat at (rockfish!!) when we find ourselves there. Some of my colleagues say that Alexander's is better, but I'm not willing to risk it.

BTW - we love Stephen's in Roanoke. It's the only restaurant we will eat at (rockfish!!) when we find ourselves there. Some of my colleagues say that Alexander's is better, but I'm not willing to risk it.

Right there has been no snow here and this weekend will be another in the 60s.

Must check with my work mate and restaurant critic why he has not told me about Stephens. :p

You've got that right! The crossing group has established teams. Newbies have to fend for themselves!

CruisinMatt is absolutely correct. There are established teams that come back year after year (I am the scribe for one of them). Because the Pride and Legend TA crossings have about 10 sea days, the competition is very keen and teams really need to raise the bar. Since Trivia starts at 12:15pm (at least on the Legend) and if we have had an early breakfast, we like to snack on the newbies to tide us over until lunch at either the Restaurant, Veranda or Sky Grill. :p Only kidding!!!

Hard to imagine "cut-throat" trivia! Ummmmm...guess I'll just have to jump in and find out for myself :D.

It all sounds fabulous!

Most definitely show up on the first session. You may find yourself on an established team as folks don't always come due to various reasons or you can start your own team! If your team members are diverse and have various areas of knowledge, you should do very well. In fact, on the Legend Nov. crossing recently completed, a new team, The Flames, won the tournament!

Do not be intimidated by the postings you may read. Click on the link below to an earlier Trivia thread. It provides an accurate description of what Trivia on Seabourn is really like:

[thread]308720[/thread]

On the days you have no clue as to what the answers are, just remember that is why they call it Trivia! :D

As (the other) Jane mentioned, on our Pride cruise there was Trivia in the afternoon. I just happened to be up at the Sky Bar and joined a team. It was so much fun! We didn't win, but got a bookmark for our efforts. Our team name was the "short timers", as all of us were leaving the ship the next day. I had never played the game before, I really enjoyed it.

And, on the winning team, when I grudgingly went over to congratulate them........one nice gentleman gave me his prize, a Seabourn visor!

Jane ;)

And, on the winning team, when I grudgingly went over to congratulate them........one nice gentleman gave me his prize, a Seabourn visor!

See, Jane: Your graciousness is sometimes rewarded! (And well-deserved, IMHO!)

Paul

sometimes good guys don't finish last! :D ; particularly on Seabourn

Hi Jim,

We have just completed our first 28 day cruise on Seabourn. It was the most fantastic holiday. It is just like being part of a big family whilst sailing the world in luxury!. The staff is truly exceptional, the food and service is amazing and most of all you feel as though you are sailing with family and friends. This is the first cruise line where it has been really hard to get off. The staff were hugging and kissing us as we left and we made some friends for life!

The whole Seabourn experience is perfect! There are people from all over the world, all from very different and interesting backgrounds. It is great to meet so many interesting and nice people.

We can not say enough good things about Seabourn and thus we have completed our onboard open booking and we will be going back soon!

Try it and you will NEVER look at another cruise line again.

Seabourn is definately THE BEST!

Cheers,

Cruiser From Down Under.

Originally Posted by PeaSea8ch:

"Most definitely show up on the first session. You may find yourself on an established team as folks don't always come due to various reasons or you can start your own team! If your team members are diverse and have various areas of knowledge, you should do very well. In fact, on the Legend Nov. crossing recently completed, a new team, The Flames, won the tournament!"

I'm traveling with a girlfriend who generally amazes me with her knowledge on a variety of topics...we're both of a competitive nature so the trivia team competition may indeed be right up our alley :rolleyes:.

Originally posted by Cruiser from Down Under:

"The whole Seabourn experience is perfect! There are people from all over the world, all from very different and interesting backgrounds. It is great to meet so many interesting and nice people.

We can not say enough good things about Seabourn and thus we have completed our onboard open booking and we will be going back soon!"

A previous SB cruiser and close friend told me yesterday that she would not go on any other line! She confirms what most seem to say here on CC that SB is the BEST :). Her story: One of her pieces of luggage had been torn by the airline personnel. When she arrived on the Spirit, the SB staff took this piece of luggage and repaired it for her!! When she received it back, she said the repair was better than the original stitching job done by the manufacturer. Now THAT'S pretty amazing service!

I may have to add in another cruise...don't know if I can stand the wait until December departure date :D

A previous SB cruiser and close friend told me yesterday that she would not go on any other line! She confirms what most seem to say here on CC that SB is the BEST :)

A strange thing happen today, BB is Toying with a 19 day cruise in 2008 and while the price is up from 2007 by $2,000 pp, I thought what is my number 2 line want for that same cruise... YIPES Seabourn $9996 pp and RSSC $9,750 pp. RSSC is good but not Seabourn good.

bb

Archived